Cheese

Found My First Gold Today W/ The Nox 800

Wow, gold teeth a crazy find! Nice?

• Like 1

I meant to put 7 grams and not oz.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cheese said:

...Found my first gold.

There's a magic about gold that just excites the finder, and even the viewers.  Don't try to fight it.  You're hooked now!

• Like 2

Hey,  You found my toofs.?  I got sick to my stomach last night at the local park after a 6 pack of dark and foamies and puked my dinner along with my toofs.  So cool of a find and it has happened to a few folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

It was about 4" deep.

Nice shiny nippers you got there.  Your nox is well on the way to paying for itself, if it hasn't already ? but watch out, once you've found some gold there is no turning back... it's an addiction.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

It was about 4" deep.

Thanks, I am trying to see how deep folks are finding gold in parks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Not been out in a while since the lock down but things are starting to ease..A Little. 
      Had some good winds Monday and Tuesday so I got wet both days. Mondays hunt one 1944 Class ring then a small young ladies 10k ring. Tuesday rocked with 4 14k wedding bands and 1 10k and several silvers. Silver needs cleaned .......Year to date totals.... 46 Gold rings and 46 Silvers... Good Luck to everyone and be safe..

• By Againstmywill
      Out for 1 1/2 hours today to the same place and same area. About 50 ft. from yesterday's find was this "beauty". At the price of gold currently, I will take ugly gold any day.🙂 That makes 5 gold rings all found within a line of 100 ft.
      Same settings as yesterday except for noise cancel. 15" still rocks on the Nox!

• By Bash
      Thought I’d give a quick update and some photos of the (good) stuff I’ve found so far.  I have a little over 40 hours of metal detecting on the Equinox 800. This is the entirety of my metal detecting experience!  Thanks to everyone on the forum who has helped guide me.

I haven’t included the junk in these photos, but trust me, there is a fair amount!  There seems to be less junk dug the more hours I put in though.

So far I have found:

Currency
      Two clad quarters
      Five silver dimes (A Barber, three Mercs, and a Roosevelt)
      Seven clad dimes
      Seven Nickels (A V!, two Buffalos, and four Jeffersons)
      Fifteen Wheat Pennies (Ranging from 1919 to 1957)
      An old Chinese Coin

Jewelry
      Two enameled pieces (Either broaches or buttons)
      A Catholic medallion depicting Our Lady of Mount Carmel, and The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Tokens
      A token from an old pool hall

Relics
      A creepy cool stamped metal doll head!  Just found this morning at a local park not three blocks from the house! Found the face first, and the back of the head a little deeper.

Most of this was found in parking strips in a Helena, MT neighborhood, Except for the doll head…

Still looking for that $5 gold piece!

• By Againstmywill
      Got out today for about 2 1/2 hours to a local rec. center/pool that has been closed down due to covid-19. I have not detected there before, despite being close to home. At first I hit the side of the gravel parking lot because the gates had all been padlocked to any fields. I found quarters, the large coin/token and the .925 pendant from Thailand. The signal for the coin/token was a STRONG 35.  https://coinquest.com/cgi-bin/cq/coins.pl?coin=14173 I thought it was another buried can, but the sound went away as I lifted the coil, unlike all the cans I was digging. It was on the edge of the parking lot close to a flower patch of the neighbor next door. I moved to a new spot  and in the front of the building was the .925 ring on the first dig up front. After that I saw that the field was open and went onto the kickball/small baseball field. There were a lot of quarters and dimes. This spot is close to virgin because the quarters would be gone otherwise. There is more jewelry waiting! The 15" coil impressed me again.🙂

• By Propjob
      Well, I am back from hibernation, and received a call to recover a lost Palladium ring.  The person was tossing a small ball with two hands up into a tree.  He felt the ring come off.  I went and searched the lawn in front of the tree for a fairly large area, then behind the tree, which is scrub brush and leaves..Real tough swinging a detector in that.  Do any of the members have an idea as to what the VDI should be.  I saw one post say 12 and 13, but others guessed it would be in the lower gold region.  I am using the EQ800, all metal mode , V2 update.  I would think that this should give a good signal as the loss was two days ago.  I am wondering ig the ring, being a light metal may have landed in the branches as it is similar to spruce boughs.  I am going back tomorrow, and look for ideas and known VDI's from others.
      PROP
    • By Smithsgold
      I return to the Family Home site this time to Sift through the dirt looking for Family artifacts.
      Filmed in the Fall of 2019 we uncover a Chauffeur's pin that belonged to my Great Aunt Kathryn's husband William Ernest Thrower.
      The pin dates back to 1935-36 # 51927 from California.
      a little bit about William Thrower he was a World War I United States Army veteran having served from March 26 1917 to July 2 1919.
      Sergeant William E. Thrower 81 Division 324 Infantry, Company K of the American Expeditionary Forces .
      Buried in Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno, Ca 1895-1965