Cheese

Found My First Gold Today W/ The Nox 800

Wow, gold teeth a crazy find! Nice👍

• Like 1

I meant to put 7 grams and not oz.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cheese said:

...Found my first gold.

There's a magic about gold that just excites the finder, and even the viewers.  Don't try to fight it.  You're hooked now!

• Like 2

Hey,  You found my toofs.🤩  I got sick to my stomach last night at the local park after a 6 pack of dark and foamies and puked my dinner along with my toofs.  So cool of a find and it has happened to a few folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

It was about 4" deep.

Nice shiny nippers you got there.  Your nox is well on the way to paying for itself, if it hasn't already 🙂 but watch out, once you've found some gold there is no turning back... it's an addiction.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

It was about 4" deep.

Thanks, I am trying to see how deep folks are finding gold in parks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      Just up the road from where the Lytle Creek GPAA claims are they have a few near Coolgardie.  When I got there the temperature was around 39 with a little bit of wind.  I bundled and my hands in gloves still ached from the cold.  I went to a patch where we had great success for a couple of years but I managed yet another skunk after using the 7000 only for 10 hours.  There were days in the past when I got as many as 12 nuggets on a trip.  I tried hard in the wet ground and found lots of trash, some very tiny but no tiny gold from the old places or newly opened ground.  I did manage to get some nice pictures of our deserts which isn't New Zealand but not too bad either.  I enjoyed the day.
      Click on the panoramas for best viewing.  They get a little bigger.

• By jinmon
      So I’ve taken my Equinox 800 out a few times but not for long each time and to different claims each time - so I’m telling you, I’m an expert, and you can believe me when I say there’s no gold in California. Hey, I’ve even tried gold panning for a few minutes - nope, no gold. 
      So at the Fresno gold show, I played along with the conspiracy and went to Kevin Hoagland’s talk about metal detecting for gold - you know, in states where there IS gold. And he said to dig the targets that don’t even show up as numbers on my detector’s screen. Well, that can’t be right, because otherwise why would they give me a screen with numbers? But anyway, I decided that IF he was right, maybe I could at least find some small pieces of lead or something with the same technique. So I set out to find the tiniest piece of birdshot I could find. I mean, I WOULD have looked for gold but we all know that’s a crock. 
      SUCCESS!!! That Kevin guy might know a thing or two about metal detecting for lead, if only he’d stop pretending he’s talking about gold. Check out my haul from a few hours in the claims at Cajon Pass (note this is only the small stuff - I was already an expert in finding shell casings from an hour on Lytle Creek):

• By mn90403
      I went out this afternoon on the beach in 20 mph winds and about 58 degrees so it was going to feel nippy.  This trip I put on the right jacket.  It is one that I found in the surf a few years ago.  It is a Port Authority jacket made in Vietnam.  It's kinda like a ski jacket but wow, I was not bothered at all.  Normally I have about 3-4 layers and can still feel the wind blowing through!
      On to the hunt, I found the chain as a result of seeing another detectorist closing in in front of me and I wanted to go back the way I came.  I had just dug a coin and about 5 feet away I got a 2 on my 800 in beach 1 at 23 sensitivity.  I swung on it a couple of times because this is normally junk on my beaches but I was in the right area to dig most everything so I did.  I saw the glitter in the scoop and of course I had to hide it from my fellow detectorist so he wouldn't come over and share my potential patch.  haha  Later I put it down on the sand and I got a reading of 6.  Funny thing is that it didn't chirp like some targets.  It was just a solid signal.  (It is a combination of .575 and .375 gold and weighs 4.8 grams.)
      About an hour later on my way back not more than a couple hundred feet from the chain I got a 21.  It was solid and full sounding.  It wasn't quite like the pennies which chatter sometimes and go from 15 to 22.  I somewhat expected a penny but it is .925 silver.  It is missing the stone that was mounted on the top but silver is silver!  (It weighs 2.7 grams.)
      I would have liked more for 3 hours of detecting but there were no swells to move more sand.
      Mitchel

• By Smithsgold
      Panning for Gold on Butte Creek
      Rain can't keep Me and Gary ( Two toes ) from heading out to Butte Creek to look for Gold. Umbrella Weather for sure !!!!! Ladybugs, deer and Gold !!!!!! 
      Thanks for watching,
      Jeff

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I'm a little disappointed in the lack of West Coast Beach Hunter finds.  I see the whole coast line getting slammed with storm after storm and high winds.  Is this not the PRIME TIME to be out there swinging exposed layers of gravels and hard-pan?  I know there has to be crusty black discs (silver coins) and the gimmer of gold beneath the coil.  Show us you mighty few & faithful... as we inlanders are snowed in and football season is over.  I know there has to be a select handful of hardcore detector abusers out there willing to brave the sharks. 
      I've got me new CA style cowboy boots on and Equinox packed ready to go if the invite comes?

• By sullivan2002
      Hi to app.
      I have a Nox 600 since 1 year and I used here in Italy to find everywhere  generally on beaches but not only.
      I choosed to buy the 600 instead of the 800 version due to the fact that here I can't find native Gold but this is my opinion that for me Nox 800 was wasted.
      I found just 4 Gold little items last year and I made a lot of work for that. I digged a lot on beaches and I digged from VDI 1 to VDI 29 in Beach 1 and 2 depending of near the sea or just in the Sand. As I remember 3 little rings  at VDI 6, 10 and 12.
      Now what I want to ask you in your experience is:
      Is it ok to stay with 600? Or could be very different for finding gold rings in the beach (my possibile gold items here are just rings and other little items on beach, no native gold nuggets...)
      Is a good idea to change mi finding way to All Metal mode?
      I used generally 5 tones. Do you advice me to start Learning the 50 tones in the way that I could choose to dig low ID (2 to 12) and be more helpful to find gold instead of tinfoil. Now the probability that from VDI 2 to 12 could be gold items la very low just looking at the target ID.
      In your esperience with Equinox which trick or method you advise me most for the search for gold objects like rings or earrings or small objects on the beach?
      Thank you very much. Every SUGGESTION is appreciated.
      I would like to see a table of VDI made by you diggers  to compare it with mine on attachment related to findings here in Italy:

Best
      Pat