Cheese

Found My First Gold Today W/ The Nox 800

Wow, gold teeth a crazy find! Nice?

• Like 1

I meant to put 7 grams and not oz.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, Cheese said:

...Found my first gold.

There's a magic about gold that just excites the finder, and even the viewers.  Don't try to fight it.  You're hooked now!

• Like 2

Hey,  You found my toofs.?  I got sick to my stomach last night at the local park after a 6 pack of dark and foamies and puked my dinner along with my toofs.  So cool of a find and it has happened to a few folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Out of curiosity, how deep was the grill?

It was about 4" deep.

Nice shiny nippers you got there.  Your nox is well on the way to paying for itself, if it hasn't already ? but watch out, once you've found some gold there is no turning back... it's an addiction.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

It was about 4" deep.

Thanks, I am trying to see how deep folks are finding gold in parks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Aaron
      This video also demonstrates that both low conductors are in the same exact VDI range.

• By mn90403
      I asked Joe how many gold rings he has found and he told me near 800!  That is an incredible number in my book.  It gave me pause to think about some of my local 'legendary'  local beach detectorists.  I have not met one.  His name is Walker.  I have met another one Tim Tidd and he told me about other local legends.  
      Over on the nugget forum we have several 'legends' contribute to the discussions there.  One is Reg Wilson among several others.  Here is a link to a project Reg is working on to preserve the memories.
      So, who are the LEGENDS of the Beach?  What are some stories you can share about them?  I know some are still hard at work at enhancing their legends but I don't go to other forums.  Are you a LEGEND and want to share a bit of your lifetime successes with us?  There are legends that hide and many who would never visit a website I would imagine but let's try to change that.
      Mitchel
    • By The Seeker
      I got out once again today to try and build up my pain tolerance so when I get a deep machine. I hunted a few hours and managed about a dollar in clad plus two wheats and buffalo. I also found a silver ring and this moon brooch/earring. I don’t know if it’s plated or what since I have never seen these markings.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

• By LukeJMG1986
      I took my wife, and two young boys to the river for a couple hours this morning. I figured I'd bring my Detector, and get a couple hours of hunting in while the kids played. I have been hunting the rivers all week long. I possibly put in close to 30 hours, with very little success. I am learning the machine with each swing though.
           I was hunting in Park 2, knee deep in the water, a spillway at my back, and open river in front of me, with a strong current. My settings were default, except the Iron Bias was switched to F2 giving it a value of 6 automatically. I went with 50 tones, and periodically did a ground balance, increasing the number it settled on by 2 or 3. (I had heard this was a trick) 
           My first target was an all to familiar aluminum piece, followed by a metal flake. I thought to myself, "That's ok, one of this holes will eventually surprise me. I only have two hours so I'll just dig away, and enjoy myself" I was right, my third dig was about 2 inches down, I saw the glimmer. I knew this was no beaver tail. I pulled the ring, and lifting it thought "wow, looks like silver" I scanned the inside, seing a hallmark my eyes immediately caught 14k. I stood up, and started walking towards my wife grinning ear to ear, almost deviously. It took her a minute to notice I looked odd with a smile like that, and asked what? I showed her, and she promptly made me stow it away, convinced I'd lose it
           I went on to pull three more rings, my next one being a MASSIVE Palladium wedding band (I had never heard of Palladium when I dug it) Each time I would approach my wife proclaiming yet another victory, and each time she would say "no, I don't believe you" and then I would show her.  The next two were one Sterling Silver, and one Stainless Steel. I also found a total of 8 fishing lures, and a commemorative medallion for a 1988 space flight. 
           This was by far the best day I've had medal detecting, and was a reminder of why the hobby was love at first dig for me. I know a 4 ring day is not gonna be a regular thing, so I'm chewing it slowly. I couldn't be happier with my first gold experience, and wanted to thank all of you on Detector Prospector for being so kind, and answering any questions I've had. I know I'll have many more, and the experience you guys bring to the table is quintessential to my learning this fine hobby. I wish you all the best of luck in your upcoming hunts. As always HH
      - Luke

• By Skullgolddiver
      I squeezed in few minutes a 4 hours session of today...
      Enjoy with me the two rings I found...

• By Dances With Doves
      I am  doing the same test as I did with GMX and  NOX. The  first test I did was with the infinium with a 8' mono coil  and I got   nothing.I did a test one time with the same size white  and yellow gold rings, and the yellow gold gave  me a dig me  hit and white gold nothing.This machine does not like small deep  white gold rings.I bet the new AQ would hit it.I then tried the X-terra with the 6'' 18kz dd coil.I did it in prospect mode with max sens. and got a very soft  signal but  repeatable. This is max  depth for this combo.I then tried it in coin mode with every thing open in 1 tone and I got a very soft hit with -8 and 48 as id which are iron wrap around #'s. The  infinium did hit the 9" nickel I buried 8  years ago with a nice soft signal.This machine likes  deeper yellow gold better in my opinion.