Finally Getting More Detecting Time....

3 hours ago, deathray said:

Tell him Dayray ? says hi! He used to detect with a guy named Rob, was why I asked. Nightray is a beast when it comes to detecting.

I've hunted with Rob before when Ray lived in the east bay.  Ray moved down near Santa Barbara a few years ago.  Yeah he's always been a top tier detectorist.  We meet up in Tonopah a couple of times a year, you should join us, it's always a good time.

Update.....hit this same park yesterday for two hours and found a 1919 mercury dime and five wheat cents. There's more ground to detect in this "hunted out" park. It's still giving up many high tones like clad quarters, dimes and copper pennies which means there might still be more silver lurking under the turf. I'll keep hitting the local parks until the snow melts in the Sierra's, then it's back to the mother load for gold nuggets.

Happy Hunting to All!

Rob

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Rob said:

It's still giving up many high tones like clad quarters, dimes and copper pennies which means there might still be more silver lurking under the turf.

I can see that from the photo.  I counted 27 clad dimes alone and might have missed a one or two and that's in two hours.  Clearly you're a fast recoverer.  Are you just focussing on the nickel and copper/silver signals and ignoring foil, pulltab, and zinc?

Nice Merc.  Even worn ones are classy looking.  Did it have a mintmark?

GB_Amatuer,

I dig it all. Eroded zinc pennies go in the garbage with the pull tabs, foil and can slaw. I'm always happy to dig nickels.....you never know, it could be a gold ring. The merc had no mint mark.

HH,

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1