It Happens! Dangit!!

Sweet coin. Are you sure that scratch is from you??? Usually if you nick a coin, the inside of the scratch is a very bright silver. Yours looks like it has toning inside the scratch. Or is that just lighting I am seeing?

• Like 2

Congrats on the seated. Awesome coin. I was wondering myself if it was an older scratch from the coloring. Best of Luck!

The pic makes it looked toned..to the naked eye, looks fresh..and was sticking out the side of the plug. Have not looked under a loop yet, and my eye site is pretty bad, lol.

• Like 1

You California hunters are killing it with your rare early -S mint coins!  Come to think of it, if I pulled out something that nice the excitement would (literally) kill me.

As far as the damage, you are being honest which is better than some recognized 'experts'.  It can be tough when you don't know exactly where the coin is (edge coins in particular) and when the ground is hard and rocky.  Even when trying your best, sometimes the tool just bites yah (or more appropriately stated "bites the find").

Don't beat yourself up.  Be proud of that one.

• Like 3

Another fine example of "S" sweetness.  Could be for Seated, Shiny, Stunner, Sensational, Scratched?. But I prefer "S" for San Francisco and that is one fine lady.   Even the old pros nix a coin on occasion.

• Like 1