Hello From Russia !!

Poul1959

Greetings to you Poul, ....you have nice finds .., a nice pile of silver coins "Kopiejka", "Dienga", .,and 5 Kopiejka- Catherina...  Also, I'm sorry for your dog that he died..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Poul1959 said:

This is my treasure of the time of the Great Russian Imperialist Catherine.

Welcome, Poul, and nice cache!  It appears your dog isn't as excited as you with the find.  Sorry to hear you lost her.  I've heard people say "pets are like family members".  I prefer "pets are family members."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rege-PA said:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for identifying the coins. It must have been very exciting when you found them.   Were they in any type of container or bag? Do you still have them?

They just lay in the ground. Big pile. Total Number of Coins 190. 20 coins I gave to the farmer.Coins are with me. Coins of Empress Elezaveta and Catherine. (1754 -1782). This is a copper five kopek. Big coin.

3vjiqtolnljf7.jpg

313oz4skfp357.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Paul,

Welcome to this friendly forum. Those are incredible finds from the time of two amazing rulers. Thank you for sharing them with us! The oldest coin I have ever found is from the USA 1884! I would love to find 300 to 500 year old coins.........

happy hunting

Jeff in Colorado

7 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The oldest coin I have ever found is from the USA 1884! I would love to find 300 to 500 year old coins.........

happy hunting

Jeff in Colorado

30m0me5d13z18.jpg

So said my friend Tony from Florida. He came to me in Russia in search of old coins.

3ttr4xuctmib8.jpg

Finds Tony.

• Like 4