UK Metal Detecting

Dear fellow treasure- and coin hunters,

as I am very much interested in a trip to the UK I had to find out that those trips are fairly expensive. After more investigations

I found something I want to share with you: https://www.farmstay.co.uk/PlacesToVisit

There is farms and B&B offering accomodation and there is an option to select by activities. One option is metal detecting. I already contacted 2 farms and wait for feedback.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

cool stuff horst, do tell when you know more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, Horst said:

Dear fellow treasure- and coin hunters,

as I am very much interested in a trip to the UK I had to find out that those trips are fairly expensive. After more investigations

I found something I want to share with you: https://www.farmstay.co.uk/PlacesToVisit

There is farms and B&B offering accomodation and there is an option to select by activities. One option is metal detecting. I already contacted 2 farms and wait for feedback.

Hi Horst,

If you do make it over to the UK you are welcome to attend any of our digs in West Yorkshire / Lincolnshire we have digs on Sundays and Fridays the same invitation is open to any overseas member of this forum visiting the UK

• Like 6

Hi Mark,

many thanks for your very kind offer.

I will definitly keep this in mind. Are there any legal issues to take a find back home? I heard so....

Best of luck

Horst

• 4 weeks later...

Hunting in the UK is a blast for sure, lots of  great history, got to hunt a little with a friend in Germany, that too was interesting. Think something too that is enjoyable the interesting folks you get to meet from all over that enjoy the hobby.. Too,  for me studying history has been very rewarding, remember this when you are looking for leads,  they are there for you to find....

• Like 2