Maybe An Amazing Find

post-625-0-14595700-1429138603_thumb.jpg

Looking through your Amazing finds, the Ganes Ck one and this one from appearances could have come from the same area. However this ones from OZ I found about same time as The Ugly Nugget

Was prospecting new country what I call fringe country, got a few small pieces at head of small creek than down about 100m got a massive signal at dry waterfall of about 2 metres high, creek about 2.5 metres wide. Halfway down that waterfall I could see gold exposed, and probably been exposed for 100`s of years the above piece. It tipped the scales at 1.72 kg, crushed to give 42.314 ounces gold 4.442 ounces of silver after refining. From there down this small creek was a jewellery shop, all signals the heavy stuff not a piece of iron in creek. Creeks length about 300 metres max, then runs into a larger creek.

Never named it because it had no real shape, much like your Ugly Nugget Steve. Perhaps this story and photo could be added to Amazing finds.

• Like 9

What a CREEK!

• Like 1

Well I could`ve pissed down my leg I was so excited, I didn`t notice, although my original intent was to camp out a few more nights, I was home a little after dark that night to show the missus. Have kept quiet about gold finds for obvious reasons but replaying the event has got me all stoked up again, and is a good feeling to finally let it out. I feel these events should be recorded, to leave something of the electronic gold rush and what better way than through a forum of enthusiasts.

• Like 2

Have you noticed you got us excited too?  I'm stoked!

Thanks for the story.  It does remind me of the surface of a specimen I found.  Your gold take was much greater.

• Like 1

I probly would have been home that night too. I can understand your desire to be mum on the finds subject, and thanks for sharing. i too agree that these events should be recorded- little clues for future generations. great to hear that it is possible to score big over the next hill.

• Like 1

It is an Amazing Find for sure! Congratulations!!

I periodically go through threads that have been inactive for more than 6 months and move them to the appropriate Archive. You can bet this thread will end up in Amazing Finds. Thanks for telling the story and especially the mouth watering picture.

• Like 1