Crack Busting Combo

I just started working an area with lots of exposed bedrock.  In addition to my EQX 800, I carry a few lightweight tools to help open up cracks.  So far, this combo has proven pretty effective.  I haven't really tested the battery life with a long day of hard use.  Happy hunting!

crack.jpg

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Not to be a donnie downer, but do you have permits?

i did some of this in my early years without understanding what was required.... so i have been there.

No.  Private property, I have no intention of asking anybody.  Thanks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredmason said:

That appears to be fairly solid bedrock, how does that impact hammer do taking it apart? What brand and what price?

How long does the battery last per charge?

fred

I have the same kit so can answer Fred,  It is Dewalt, with the 9ah battery the vacuum runs for about 25min continuous, but obviously you would be just switching it on an off so should last a lot longer.  I use it for rock samples with a 32mm drill bit and can easily do 20 holes before swapping batteries.

The battery technology is amazing nowdays, I have nearly every tool dewalt make.  I did 12 cuts of solid 2” bar and was still going strong with their 54v grinder !

• Like 4

On 3/6/2019 at 2:07 PM, fredmason said:

That appears to be fairly solid bedrock, how does that impact hammer do taking it apart? What brand and what price?

How long does the battery last per charge?

fred

Dewalt 20V Max, < $150 I think, plus batteries.  I seem to get a good session (4-6 hours) of intermittent use, not too sure yet?  I'm  just opening up cracks enough to clean them out, and it does a fine job on those.  I bought a scaling chisel to help break down some of the conglomerate material, then swing the EQX over it.

Brett     

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Thats awesome. I like it. ? I had to laugh when I first saw the title. So did Mrs JW. :laugh:? I will say no more. My lips are sealed.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

Thanks, I like thought provoking prose.