Best Coin Shooting Coil For TDI Sl

I have a TDI SL coming in today. I know most people want to detect for small gold. In my bad soil I want to detect silver coins that my CTX3030 can't reach. I'm a long way from the beach and probably long way from gold. That leaves coins and relics.  I've heard that larger coils tend to ignore small trash which sounds good for a coin hunter. I know that if you raise the delay that this helps but with a loss of depth. A 12" dual field and 7.5" dual field are coming with the machine.  What could I get that would be better suited for detecting coins?

I use the 7.5" dual field coil on the regular TDI for coin hunting in parks. I tried the 12" dual field coil and the coil is difficult to pinpoint targets and didn't seem to handle the trashy areas as well as the 7.5 coil.  The audio is modulated by how deep the target is so I cherry pick the parks I hunt and only dig targets 4 inches or deeper. Biggest drawback is wire and nails will sound similar to a good target and it will take many hours of use to learn the nuances of what the detector is telling you. I have a 9x5 folded mono coil also but I like the the 7.5 the best.  Make sure you have a good pinpointer as the TDI does not have a pinpoint mode and be prepared to dig deep targets. You will be amazed on how many deep targets that VLF detectors are missing.

Good Luck!

• Like 2