Problem With Bluetooth Connecting To Eq. 800

I looked all through the Equinox tips here and didn't find anything that addresses this.

I was detecting using wireless bluetooth earbuds that have worked fine for months. I walked out of range for a few minutes and when I came back the detector was running, the headphone symbol was showing on the control panel but there was no sound coming to the earbuds. I turned the detector off, turned the headphones off. Then turned the detector back on, the detector was working I could hear it, then turned the earbuds back on, the headphone symbol showed, the sound disappeared from the Equinox speaker but would not come through on the earbuds and it was the same thing when I repeated the sequence with wireless headphones that came with the detector.

I also did resets on the headphones, re-paired with the detector - but the same thing happened.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I once had the same issue. What worked for me was to turn off the headphones(earbuds) and the detector. Turn on the headphones and hold down the pairing button(on/off switch) until the blue lights start to flash red-blue-red-blue. Turn on detector - hold wireless connect button (top right of detector) down for 5 seconds. Pairing should happen within a minute or two. 

Hope this helps. Works the same on my headphones and my earbuds. 

• Like 1

I wound up using another tip that I read somewhere; it said to 'shock' the earbuds by plugging them into high quality chargers (I used what came with the Equinox). That is what I did and when the earbuds were fully charged, they paired and worked just fine. The same with the wireless headphones. Go figure... 

So a slightly false alarm...I will take it down Steve if it is not useful

5 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

I wound up using another tip that I read somewhere; it said to 'shock' the earbuds by plugging them into high quality chargers (I used what came with the Equinox). That is what I did and when the earbuds were fully charged, they paired and worked just fine. The same with the wireless headphones. Go figure... 

So a slightly false alarm...I will take it down Steve if it is not useful

Confused, as the Equinox doesn't come with a charger (only USB charging cables)??

I use both an iPad charger and I recently purchased this gem so I can charge more then one item at a time:

3 Port Quick Charge 3.0 USB Fast Travel Wall Charger Adapter, QC3.02.0 Smart Ports 30W Travel Wall Fast Charger Adapter Charging Block Plug 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJCJ3CQ/

This works awesome and it has two 2.4A USB ports, and one Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Technology USB port.  

Hi, yes, I ment to say I plugged the cable that came with the Equinox into a quality usb plug.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Cool, thought maybe after the initial outcry of no included charger that perhaps Minelab was now including one. ?

BTW I've also heard of the issue you stated being resolved with a higher powered charger, kind of odd that if it's lower amperage that it wouldn't just take longer to charge, but there seems to be something to it.  

GL&HH,
Cal

Brian,

I've been using a couple of three port chargers like the one you mentioned above. One thing I've found is that with these "smart" chargers they sometimes won't go into a charge mode unless there is a decent drain or pull on the charger. The charger will just sit there because it doesn't notice the item that's plugged into it. If there's not enough draw or pull nothing happens. I've solved that issue by most always plugging in the detector at the same time as the earbuds or headphones. The detector draws enough to keep the charger in charge mode and not just in maintenance mode. If this makes any sense. 

• Like 2

Hey Tom,

I haven't seen that yet, but I just started using it a few weeks ago, so good to know.  Batteries and chargers can do some odd  things sometimes. 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to make sure things are charging, nothing worse than getting into the field and having down equipment.

• Sad 1

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Nothing wrong with this thread.  Info here could help someone.  There have been quite a few “ false alarms”  noted by folks.  And most times it turns out to be a very good learning experience.

I came across this topic on Wednesday and on Friday I experienced the same thing. After every hunt I fully charge my detector and headphones.  This time I did a partial charge on both for a 6+ hour hunt on the next day. I get to the beach and I turn the detector and headphones and they are not pairing up. I tried twice to pair them up as if it was a new set of headphones and nothing.  I did a factory reset and still wouldn’t pair up. On my 3rd tried after the reset they finally paired up and I was able to get down to business. That day started bad right off the bat. When I got there I went to get my scoop and found out I had left it the night before. I was lucky to have parked two spots from the night before. There were some people doing work on a house and they found my scoop and returned it when I asked about it. The day started quite bad but there was a silver and gold lining at the end.

• Like 4