Problem With Bluetooth Connecting To Eq. 800

Flak,

Your thread reminded me of a time.

I was prepared to do a coin hunt last year and everything was working great until just before the hunt.  The 800 was tested, paired and ready to go.  I turned it on for the hunt and then it didn't pair repeatedly.  I couldn't use it in speaker mode.  I had another pair of headphones and used them.  I charged everything up after that and didn't have to problem occur since.  I take it as just not completely charged headphones at that moment.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Yes Dubious, I was essentially "down" with no bluetooth working, so I had plenty of time to go through the (re)pairing process in inches...it was essentially that the headphones needed a good old fashioned

charge-up.

I have observed this behavior also with the 600 and a set of bluetooth headphones. The headphones say connected, the detector says connected but either you only get sound through the detector speaker or nothing at all. Turning off the detector wireless for 3 seconds then back on always gets my setup working.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I had this problem a few months back with my 800, after driving almost 2 hours to a location i don't often get to hunt! What saved the day was an extra pair of wired deus fold-ups that i use on my backup detector! I bring them along just in case; and it saved my hunt!🎧

• Like 1

Yeah Joe, I always have a couple pairs of wired earbuds with me just in case for the same reason.