flakmagnet

Problem With Bluetooth Connecting To Eq. 800

Flak,

Your thread reminded me of a time.

I was prepared to do a coin hunt last year and everything was working great until just before the hunt.  The 800 was tested, paired and ready to go.  I turned it on for the hunt and then it didn't pair repeatedly.  I couldn't use it in speaker mode.  I had another pair of headphones and used them.  I charged everything up after that and didn't have to problem occur since.  I take it as just not completely charged headphones at that moment.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Sometimes odd Bluetooth pairing issues go away if you repeat the pairing process with the two devices just inches apart (rather than feet).

Yes Dubious, I was essentially "down" with no bluetooth working, so I had plenty of time to go through the (re)pairing process in inches...it was essentially that the headphones needed a good old fashioned

charge-up.

I have observed this behavior also with the 600 and a set of bluetooth headphones. The headphones say connected, the detector says connected but either you only get sound through the detector speaker or nothing at all. Turning off the detector wireless for 3 seconds then back on always gets my setup working.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gerry in Idaho
      OK,  I need to post this video and maybe it has already been shared?  If so please delete my post.
      Many newer EQ owners out there now and some of the great info and posts are pretty deep.  One of the most ocurring phone calls and emails I get from new 800 customers is on how to sync the wireless headphones to the detector.  Here is a video that makes it so simple.
      Hats off to this young gun Matty for a fine, easy, short informative video.

• By Dan(NM)
      I've been playing around with running 5Khz just to see if maybe I'd get a hit on some deep copper or silver in an old zoo that's finally playing out. The first time I did this I got 5-6 nice repeatable hits in a spot that I have beat to death with the CTX. All targets were deep and hitting in the mid 20's, every one was a ring tab. I had my disc set from -9 to +18, which made didn't make sense that I was getting a hit on the tab. Every one of them that I checked out of the hole would not register a positive signal. The second time I tried the same setup, 5 Khz, same disc settings, I decided to test the hits in multi IQ, nothing, not a peep. When I went back to 5Khz, there they were, loud and clear, same targets, ring tabs.
       I was thinking to myself, that, possibly, I might get a hit on some deep nickles running 5Khz without having to listen to all the mid tones. Well, today, I do the same thing, only this time, I had just made a pass with the CTX over this spot and didn't get a good repeatable signal. Low and behold, I get a solid 28-32 both ways and dig a 6" plug and out pops a nickle 🙂 At first I'm thinking its a war nickle due to the high numbers, but, nope, just a plain Jefferson. I pass the coil over it, nothing, not a peep, notta.
        Any idea's as to what's going on here, I don't think it's a bad thing, just a bit weird I thought.
    • By Bayard
      I have had a 600 for over a year now.  There is much to like about the detector; however, the ergonomics are something of a problem.  Unlike all my other detectors, I must use the Equinox arm strap, otherwise my arm will not stay within the arm cuff while swinging the detector.
      My original plan was to try to turn the middle rod into an S rod.  I wasn't sure I could do this with just bending, or, if it would be smarter to attach a separate S section either mechanically, via welding, or even via epoxy.  Since then, I have acquired two additional middle rods, one for each coil.  This would now mean three times the work if I alter the middle rod.
      The other day I was looking at my AKA Signum MFD.  It has the older style plastic housing.  Rather than being a straight rod, or an S rod, it is more of a V setup.  This got me thinking that if I bend the upper rod of the Equinox so that the arm cuff is higher, (similar to a hockey stick) this may solve the ergonomic problem, or, at least let me get rid of the arm strap.
      Has anyone tried bending their Equinox shaft?  Will a simple conduit bender be sufficient to do the job?
    • By Horst
      Dear fellow hunters,

I am running my new Nox 800 for about 2 months now. Trying to go out nearly every day for 2-4 hours. I did find some nice coins and other cool stuff and some not so cool stuff. Learning the detector is fun. I found a several times when being in AUTO ground tracking the machine got a little loud/unstable. When I looked up the ground tracking it was telling me a number in the 90ies. Switching off AUTO and do manual tracking (pumping the coil) the machine went quiet at 12. I was expecting the AUTO ground tracking to be "up to date".
      Did you make similar experiences?
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Here is all the latest along with the new instructional video....

Video Review...
      Specifications and pricing....

Garrett has released a new set of headphones with built in proprietary wireless capability, the Garrett MS-3 headphone. These headphones can interface directly with new Garrett models with built in wireless, like the new Garrett AT Max. They will not work with anything other than Garrett Z-Lynk compatible detectors and accessories.
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk™ Wireless Headphones PN: 1627710 MSRP $119.95
      Built-in Z-Lynk receiver. High-fidelity audio. Volume control. Adjust signal levels to suit individual hearing requirements and to enhance weak signals. Comfortable headband and ear cushions. Folds down for easy storage. USB charging cable included. Speaker impedance: 8 ohms Frequency response: 30-18,000 Hz.
      The new headphones can be purchased alone or as part of a system with a transmitter box that can work with any detector.
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk™ Wireless Kit PN: 1627720 MSRP $189.95
      Includes:
      Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones WT-1 wireless transmitter 2-pin AT connector to Micro USB cable—connects AT detector to transmitter ¼" Jack to Micro USB cable—connects detector with ¼" jack to transmitter USB charging cable Mounting band For any style metal detector with 2-pin AT connector or ¼" headphone jack