• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Filmalaska
      Howdy,
      Can anyone recommend where to buy a headphone adapter for Minelab’s proprietary headphone jack?
      thanks,
      Morgan

• By WesD
      I saw some of the guys in Australia make a Trumpet to deflect the sound upward from the speaker on the sdc. Great idea, but shipping was a bit much, so I cut a 90 pcv fitting in half and used velcroe to attach.  Cheap little project and does add a noticeable increase in sound coming up from the speaker.

• By PG-Prospecting
      So this Saturday im heading back out to the property that produced 4 nuggets with the GPX 4800 last time, using the 11 inch coiltec elite.  
      The area we will be focusing on has mainly been known for producing larger nuggets in excess of 5 grams.  My question is, is there any advantage to use the 11 inch coil vs the 15x12.  
      The 15x12 obviously gets more ground coverage but  would think the two would be about equal on depth to larger nuggets.  The 15x12 is probably less responsive to smaller nuggets compared to the 11 inch.  
      Which would you use on ground that was just clear cut with targets that will generally be on the order of 5 grams or larger?  

Thanks for the help
    • By vanursepaul
      Anyone have any ideas why an SDC2300  may not be powering up??
      We have used 2 different sets of batteries that work fine in another unit.
      Not much to troubleshoot except the batteries and off/on switch.        {{{SOLVED}}}}}}}
      Was working fine when it was last used. 
      Hate to send it to Minelab---they may be tiring of me….. 😏
    • By strick
      So I have had two very experienced older prospectors tell me that they don't like the 2300 because the threshold warbles. In other words it is not stable. It does not really matter which setting you use it still has a slight warble to it. Since I am new to prospecting I just kinda figured this was normal for the Minelab PI's They tell me that their 4500 and 5000 have a nice stable threshold which allows them to hear the faint signal's better. Therefore they don't have to use as much gray matter trying to figure out a target.  I have sometimes wondered  if I am missing small pieces of gold because of this. But then again I have found some very small pieces with the 2300. So my question is....is this normal for the SDC 2300 or is something wrong with both of my machines?   I'm guessing normal.  A few nuggets found during the last couple weeks. Biggest is .52 grams
      strick

• By Sourdough Scott
      I just got a screaming deal on a SDC 2300. So just inquiring if anyone has any more experiences with the aftermarket coiltek coils? I'm seriously thinking about getting some to make the SDC a patch hunting machine.