Coilteks New SDC Coil

Should I take mine with me to OZ?

Very interesting, makes me glad I have the SDC2300 but don’t know if any of those coils would be an improvement for me here in Alaska. I still have yet to break its streak of being skunked...

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Sorry to go off topic but out of Interest, how's your Gold Bug Pro treating you in Alaska?

I’ll message you so as not to litter up this awesome topic of a post here.

Now we are talking i used one for 3 days and i like the threshold but the weights is something Thanks God almighty Goldrat had an awesome harness

RR

• Like 1

While I like the idea of better ground coverage with the larger coils, what you end up giving up is the huge convenience factor that the SDC offers. The time that it takes to go from 0 to Detect will be significantly longer as now you have to put this adaptive assembly together. It kills the grab n' go. I love my SDC, but If I am ever in a situation I need to swing a larger coil there is the GPX. 

I say all this now, but if the 14x9 isn't absurdly expensive, I may give it a shot this summer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

How often have you been out using it? While I am not a fan of the SDC here in NZ with our insanely mild ground. Due to me being able to run my 4500 at high end settings with the NF 8" x 6" sadie coil was finding gold the SDC wasn't. I was also able to run the SDC flat out. But I did still find gold with the SDC so I am a bit surprised that you have found nothing with yours. Are you detecting in old workings where gold has been found before? Maybe it is time for me to revisit the SDC on old scattered reef gold locations now that I am struggling to find anything on them with the mighty Zed.?

Good luck out there

JW

"Very interesting, makes me glad I have the SDC2300 but don’t know if any of those coils would be an improvement for me here in Alaska. I still have yet to break its streak of being skunked..."

JW, does he mean he's never been skunked yet, meaning that he's always found gold on every outing? A bit ambiguous . . . ?

All the best,

Lanny

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

He's new to detecting like myself and yet to find gold with either detector, as we all know that first nugget is by far the hardest and unfortunately he doesn't have anyone to show him the ropes.  I asked how his GBP was going as seeing he had an endless skunk with his SDC I was hoping he was tearing it up on the GBP.  I guess there is no point buying an aftermarket coil for the SDC if the stock one has yet to find gold is what he was meaning.  He's in the same situation I was in a year ago, he's finding gold with his sluice/dredge but not his detectors.  It's hard to put the winning combination down to spend a lot of time on the one that isn't working for you, I know the situation well.

I am wondering if Minelab dealers will be selling the coils seeing they void your warranty if damage is caused by using them.  It doesn't sound like Minelab are pleased Coiltek made these coils.

Many of us have SDCs out of warranty so I think Coiltek is wanting us to be the purchasers.

Mitchel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Hi Lanny, I am a simple person. :biggrin: I took it as he has been skunked & yet to break it, & why he is happy to have the SDC now these other coils have come out. But I guess I am a bit confused as to why he would say the new coils may not be an improvement. Hopefully he will clarify this for us. ? 

All the best to you my friend.

JW :smile:

JW, looks like Simon had some essential information that cleared up what seemed to me to be somewhat ambiguous, so now I have to rethink what I rethought and that might help me to re-image my previous confusion . . .

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1