Coilteks New SDC Coil

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Many of us have SDCs out of warranty so I think Coiltek is wanting us to be the purchasers.

Mitchel

Mitchel, that makes a lot of sense as the risk of voiding the warranty is gone, so why not, right?

I'll be interested to see how users like them, but with Coiltek's established reputation, it will likely work out.

All the best,

Lanny

I'm taking names for a Pre Order LIST here in the US (not even on my web site yet) so contact me direct.  Trevor at CoilTek called and was giving me some info on these coils that is not in the brochure.  The prices are in the photo below I am posting, as is my business name.  Realize I am not taking money, just getting names for those who want one.

Are these coils for everyone who owns an SDC-2300?  I would never say such, but I do not know.  The 10" ellip coil will be able to sniff out tiny nuggets better than the stock 8" coil and will also have 2" more of ground coverage per sweep.  Many of the folks already are familiar with Elliptical coils and their ability to get up under brush and rocks, in those tight areas nuggets like to hide and the areas others can't get their larger coils (virgin ground pockets).  The 11" round coil will give the most depth on larger gold and you get 3" more of ground coverage.  It is the deepest of the 3 accessory coils and vs the stock coil on bigger gold.  The 14x9" is a hybrid coil which will offer best ground coverage per sweep and increased depth on larger gold.

If you already own a GPX or GPZ along with the SDC, then you probably do not need one of these coils. But I imagine that is not most of the folks who own an SDC-2300.

Here is a fact that just happened 2 weeks ago with my staff members in AZ.  One was using his SDC-2300 with stock coil and found a small patch of nuggets.  He cleaned the patch out and called Lunk over with his GPZ-7000.  Sure enough, Lunk smiles with a golden grin.  He shows Wade exactly the spot and lets Wade listen.  Wade spent some time on the target and went through all the settings, trying to get the signal to respond and nothing.  Luck carefully removed a few inches and let the SDC check it.  Sure enough, Wade could finally hear it.  Folks it was just a matter of a few inches and Wade would have had the largest nugget of the hunt.  He feels the 11" round would have heard it and paid for the coil right there.

What was the nugget Wade missed in that small patch?  Just another 1/3 oz'er to ad to Lunks collections.

Again,  Contact Gerry's Metal Detectors if you want to get on the Pre Order List (not taking payments until I have them in stock and I call you to ship) to get one sooner as Trevor said there will be a limited supply coming into the US at 1st, which is typical.

KSMarch2019A.jpeg

CTSDC1AA.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

He's new to detecting like myself and yet to find gold with either detector, as we all know that first nugget is by far the hardest and unfortunately he doesn't have anyone to show him the ropes.  I asked how his GBP was going as seeing he had an endless skunk with his SDC I was hoping he was tearing it up on the GBP.  I guess there is no point buying an aftermarket coil for the SDC if the stock one has yet to find gold is what he was meaning.  He's in the same situation I was in a year ago, he's finding gold with his sluice/dredge but not his detectors.  It's hard to put the winning combination down to spend a lot of time on the one that isn't working for you, I know the situation well.

I am wondering if Minelab dealers will be selling the coils seeing they void your warranty if damage is caused by using them.  It doesn't sound like Minelab are pleased Coiltek made these coils.

The new coils for the SDC-2300 by CoilTek will not void your warranty.  Trevor himself told me this.

CoilTek has a great working relationship with Minelab and in fact makes coils for the X-Terra series, the FBS series detectors, the CTX-3030 and of course the SD, GP and GPX series.  Minelab is best known for spending time making "Metal Sensing Technology" and new detectors that fin us more treasures.  Would you want to be the Minelab Engineer that gets handed the job of "making a coil"? 

16 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Should I take mine with me to OZ?

You better take more than 1 machine for sure.  Back when I went there to donate sweat to the flies, I took 2 GP-3500's and a GB-2.  I sold one of my 3500's after the trip to Jack Lange, as the amount of gold I found did not allow the weight for me to take 3 machines back home.  The SDC-2300 being so compact is a serious consideration in my book.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

You better take more than 1 machine for sure.  Back when I went there to donate sweat to the flies, I took 2 GP-3500's and a GB-2.  I sold one of my 3500's after the trip to Jack Lange, as the amount of gold I found did not allow the weight for me to take 3 machines back home.  The SDC-2300 being so compact is a serious consideration in my book.

Ok, I feel a story coming on about your trip.

My trip now will consist of an 800 and a 7000.

• Haha 1

I wonder if by doing the conversion if you can go back with the old coil to be waterproof.  Main thing I need my SDC for is to be waterprooof.  At least the coil!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Same would apply with out of warranty Zed's  for these aftermarket coils for the Zed being made by the Russian company. They obviously can be made & work so you have to wonder what is behind Minelab not wanting to make other sizes. They made a reasonable range of coils for the SD, GP & GPX PI's. 

JW :smile: 

Kiwi, I think making other coils for the 7000 wouldn't be as profitable as selling you another  detector.   A guy with a 7000 who wants a smaller coil is forced to buy an SDC or GPX.  Too bad the new SDC coils are not advertised as waterproof. I used to use the old joey coiltec in the creek and it worked great for awhile ?

Coiltek has that Platypus coil that is water proof.  I want to start using it on the beach!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Ok, I feel a story coming on about your trip.

My trip now will consist of an 800 and a 7000.

Gold rat found a 0.015gr piece in front of me with the 6" coil on the Nox othe piece was 0.045 gr not bad for  aVLF

RR

14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Many of the folks already are familiar with Elliptical coils and their ability to get up under brush and rocks, in those tight areas nuggets like to hide and the areas others can't get their larger coils (virgin ground pockets).

Hope I'm not getting too far off topic....  Did you ask the Coiltek guy if they're working on (closed) elipticals for the Equinox?  (Please, please.)

• Like 2