Coilteks New SDC Coil

On 3/14/2019 at 5:01 AM, strick said:

me thinks Wade needs a GPZ...but what do I know 

He was seriously thinking about it after that dig, Strick!?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , I’m interested in buying a coil , but i don’t know which one to go for . I’m looking for the best one for better depth and performance out of the three for bigger gold nuggets for my sdc 2300. Can anyone advise me which one to go for ? 

Thanks ,

Mo 

Hey Guys,

Here is what I can tell you, as I have had all the coils now for 3 days.  I'm hoping some of my customers will get some reports out on my forum and here by the end of this weekend.   The conversion is really easy, but once you convert you really can't fold up your detector like you can with the stock 8" coil.  I think for the most part, customers that are buying these new coils are looking for more depth and coverage and a bit more sensitivity and easier pinpointing with the 10x5".  

The 10x5 is very easy to pinpoint with and seems just as much, but probably a tad more sensitivity to small gold vs. stock 8".
The 11" Round is getting more depth overall on at least 1/2 Gram and larger from quick testing in the field.  
The 14x9 Elliptical is also getting more depth for sure, best gains on larger gold (2+ Grams) at depth and more overall coverage per swing. 

From what I have sold, it's about equal on all the coils, not really all larger or smaller coils.  I have been testing the 11" Round for some time and it does get more depth than the stock 8" searchcoil.  The 11" is a bit heavier along with the 14x9 if you arm is conditioned on the 8" stock coil.  

I'm positive if you own a SDC 2300 you will get benefits from one of these new Gold Extreme Coiltek coils.  

We would love to earn your business if you don't have a local dealer you're already dealing with.  Support your local dealer when all possible.  

Accessory Pack - $67 + S/H - Order Now here --->  https://www.robsdetectors.com/coiltek-gold-extreme-accessories-pack/

Coiltek 10x5 Searchcoil - $295.00 - Free Shipping & Handling - Order Now here ----->  https://www.robsdetectors.com/coiltek-10-x-5-gold-extreme-searchcoil-for-minelab-sdc-2300/

Coiltek 11" Round Searchcoil - $315.00 - Free Shipping & Handling - Order Now here ---->  https://www.robsdetectors.com/coiltek-11-round-gold-extreme-searchcoil-for-the-minelab-sdc-2300/

Coiltek 14x9" Elliptical Searchcoil - $315.00 - Free Shipping & Handling 0rder Now here --->  https://www.robsdetectors.com/coiltek-14x9-gold-extreme-searchcoil-for-the-minelab-sdc-2300/

Wishing you all much success.

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
www.robsdetectors.com
623-362-1459 - office line

• Like 2

Anybody have any real field reports (or tests) on the Coiltek 11" ROUND coil?
I am looking to find out how much deeper it is over the stock 8" SDC coil.

So far, I have seen one Youtube video that was inconclusive.
Seems like it increases depth by a slight amount but decreases sensitivity to the super tiny bits...1 grain or less.

Even an extra 1 inch depth on those prickly specimen nuggets, it would be worth buying for me.
(Unless I can get one of those new 10x9" or 12" Round X-Coils for the GPZ.)

Thanks,
Don

Hey Don,

I have been testing the 11" Round and it gets more depth.  Just from quick testing on 1/2 gram and better, it's getting that inch.   The 3" larger 11" Round over the stock 8" SDC coil does give you more depth, and then even more with the 14x9 (which is about a 11.5 to 12" round equivalent). 

The general rule of thumb on all coils is when you increase the diameter of the coil, you will gain in overall coverage and depth on larger gold.  This means at some point you will loose some sensitivity to tiny gold in hopes of finding something a bit larger at a greater depth.  For the most part, electronic prospectors that go with larger coils are not looking for tiny 1,2,3 grainers anymore, but in hopes of Gram or Pennyweight plus pieces at greater depth. 

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales

• Like 2

I went out today for the first time with the 11" round. My area still had too much snow to do much detecting but I was able to do some tests against the stock coil, the new 11" coil and my Gold Bug with the 10" elliptical .  I tested nuggets of .25g, .5g, 1g. 1.5g and some assorted larger specimens with between 4g and 35g of gold content.  The 11" will pick up the .25 at nearly the same depth as the stock 8" but the signal is much more subtle.  On the .5g they the 11" has a bit more depth, maybe about an inch but again the signal is much more subtle. On the 1g and 1.5g the 11" gets easily 1"-2" more depth. With the larger specimens the 11" gets dramatically more depth. On the 35g sample I was able to get a solid repeatable signal at at least 6"-8" deeper than the stock coil.  The only piece where the 11" performed worse was on a specimen with about 7 grams of gold in quartz with a total weight of around 40 grams. There is a lot of gold but it is very fine. The Gold bug hits hard on it up to about 8"-10". The stock sdc will get it at 6"-8" but very faint. The 11" doesn't get a solid signal over 3"-4". A couple of final observations is that the large pieces when at depth give a solid signal on the 11" but it is reversed . As you get closer it changes to a normal signal. Lastly overall all it seems like signals on the 11" are less obvious than the stock coil even at shallow depth. With the stock coil a .5g at 4"-5" screams. The 11" on the same nugget gives a clear signal but nowhere near as obvious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, ML have been top detector manufacturers but when it comes to coils,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, from the SD`s garbage lid through to the insulation coil wiring that couldn`t handle UV etc etc, I believe they should maintain their R & D speciality developing detectors, let the aftermarket fellows who have demonstrated for many years they have the go when it comes to coils, let them do what ML can`t. A marriage of a sort that has and is working to us the users advantage. 

I guess it depends on each users need for warranty, with detectors this means little to me, in my 40 plus years use I`ve sent one detector back with a fault, plus a couple of coils, I know of no other piece of tech or machinery that has given anywhere near the return todays gold detectors give in return for dollar. Then if I take into consideration the joy and satisfaction that comes from this great hobby, I can only say ML keep doing what you no doubt do best and let the aftermarket coil manufactures continue to supply us with coils. 

But I suspect ML are well aware of this and they have no choice but issue their position by distancing themselves because nothing can be made totally idiot proof. 

• 2 months later...

There has been very little said on the performance of these new coils for us who hunt in the deserts in and around CA, AZ and NV. I am also very much interested in how the swinging of the SDC has improved with the position of the shaft in the coil’s center. Of course, anyone who would like to add how the 10x5 is working, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 3

Hi all - just letting you know that our new Master class video is now on YouTube. check it out here = 

Wardo - The uptake in the US has been slower than we expected mainly due to release at the end of the season there and some uncertainty around warranty and performance. I can assure you the warranty is not void when installing our coil and parts and the performance of the coils is going well. Any teething issues have been pulled out and the new teeth are sparkly and ready to chew through any ground you want to run them on.

The Shaft design now allows for further extension and the coil doesn't kick up anymore so problems solved there. The 10x5" has great sensitivity and can maneuver around very well across the terrain.

I know you probably don't want to hear from me regarding this as you wish to hear from other users but I couldn't help myself ? Let me know if you have any other questions you would like me to answer!?!?!

Trevor.

• Like 3