14 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Many of the folks already are familiar with Elliptical coils and their ability to get up under brush and rocks, in those tight areas nuggets like to hide and the areas others can't get their larger coils (virgin ground pockets).

Hope I'm not getting too far off topic....  Did you ask the Coiltek guy if they're working on (closed) elipticals for the Equinox?  (Please, please.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Ok, I feel a story coming on about your trip.

My trip now will consist of an 800 and a 7000.

Gerry said:   I sold one of my 3500's after the trip to Jack Lange, as the amount of gold I found did not allow the weight for me to take 3 machines back home.

Where is the story about all that gold you found Gerry?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Pounds! :biggrin:

4 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Where is the story about all that gold you found Gerry?

Mitchel

......and the photos to please Gerry. :laugh:

Gosh .....Jack Lange.....That name brings back some fond memories. I have a few of his videos & it was his forum that was my very first ever that I joined when I was learning the ways of a computer back in my early gold detecting days. I bought a bit of stuff off him to & spoke to him on the phone a few times. He put me on to some spots here in NZ. He was a good person, but I have found most people in the gold detecting world are.? Cheers.:smile:

13 hours ago, WesD said:

Kiwi, I think making other coils for the 7000 wouldn't be as profitable as selling you another  detector.   A guy with a 7000 who wants a smaller coil is forced to buy an SDC or GPX.  Too bad the new SDC coils are not advertised as waterproof. I used to use the old joey coiltec in the creek and it worked great for awhile ?

Hi WesD, The Zed is a totally different beast to an SDC or a GPX, I know.....I have them all. :rolleyes:  The Zed is in a league of its own, even when it comes to small gold at depth. One piece I got at Simons Mr Pocket spot was .03 of a gram. Simon is my witness as he had a small piece as well & we had shared the gold bottle so when we didn't recognise who's small piece was who's, Simon got out his phone to compare photos. They both weighed .03 of a gram. So it didn't matter. ? I wouldn't want a smaller coil for my Zed for more sensitivity, as I get my share of shotgun pellets with the 14", but just want it to get into tighter places that the 14" cant. With my GP & GPX before I got a platypus coil, which came with my 4500 when I purchased it, I had two 6" round coiltek mono's. So I "sacrificed" one to use under water & if I stuffed it, well I had another. I never did stuff it & it was still purring when I last used it. Found some nice gold with it to underwater to.?

11 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Gold rat found a 0.015gr piece in front of me with the 6" coil on the Nox other piece was 0.045 gr not bad for  a VLF

RR

In my ground & in my experience that is what the higher frequency VLF's are all about. Small/tiny gold just like those pieces. My other detectors take care of the slightly bigger to bigger pieces at much better depth than the VLF's.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 4

Hey Guys,

That is correct, the new Coiltek coils for the SDC 2300 are not waterproof, but water resistant.  You can get them damp, work in the rain, but don't submerge them in the water.  I hunted for weeks with water resistant coils in the pouring rain, just didn't submerge them in water.  

We are also taking pre-orders on these 3 new searchcoils.  We have a pretty good list going right now, so anyone looking to purchase from their loyal dealer I would recommend giving them a call soon.  I'm sure there will be backorder on these coils for a bit, so I wouldn't wait too long.  

To contact us -

Rob's Detector Sales
rob@robsdetectors.com - email 
www.robsdetectors.com - website 
623.362.1459 (o) 602.909.9008 Cell or Text

• Like 1

I personally think Coiltek screwed up making a waterproof detectors coils not waterproof when they are quite capable of making a coil waterproof.

My theory is because they can't make the coil's connection to the detector waterproof (note it's cable runs outside the shaft not internally) they didn't want to put the effort into making the coil itself waterproof filling it with epoxy as if they did it's more likely people might dunk their 2300 in water and kill it and blame it on the coil.   I haven't used a 2300 and don't know how the coils connect but if the housing is no longer waterproof as they've had to adjust the housing with their little kit you can buy to make the coils work it does make sense.

It probably doesn't matter much in Australia which is likely their target market, not a whole lot of water there ?

A sdc in a Gold monster configuration or something more ergonomic will be better if i was to buy one i will change a lot of things......waterproof need another design of coils right???i guess those frisbee are really renowned for their buoyancy .I dont now much about looking for gold in creeks and cracks but i guess the coil need to have holes.

Something like that will be cool thats just my 2 cents of course

http://thrace-detectors.com/product/236/golden-mask-search-coil-5-spider-12-5cm.html

RR

1 minute ago, Rivers rat said:

Something like that will be cool thats just my 2 cents of course

http://thrace-detectors.com/product/236/golden-mask-search-coil-5-spider-12-5cm.html

RR

That would be alright, but the best coil I've seen for our NZ Creeks is the GB2's 6.5" elliptical coil.  It's big bonus is being thin in thickness so can really get into crevices well.

6coil-e-7-gb2_100.jpg?v=1497612146.267

It is basically the same as a Nel Snake.  You don't need holes in a coil that small.  We have very fast flowing mountain side creeks so a bit of weight helps I think so being epoxy filled is nice.

I think an SDC waterproof coil in that configuration would be a killer.  I hope one day there is one for other Minelabs too.

• Like 1

You would have to wonder, since Minelab have pre set the settings internally in the SDC, that they didn't optomise its performance to the 8" coil. Time will tell I guess.

JW :smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

That would be alright, but the best coil I've seen for our NZ Creeks is the GB2's 6.5" elliptical coil.  It's big bonus is being thin in thickness so can really get into crevices well.

6coil-e-7-gb2_100.jpg?v=1497612146.267

It is basically the same as a Nel Snake.  You don't need holes in a coil that small.  We have very fast flowing mountain side creeks so a bit of weight helps I think so being epoxy filled is nice.

I think an SDC waterproof coil in that configuration would be a killer.  I hope one day there is one for other Minelabs too.

I need to try a GB2 one day .But with my limited SDC experience i think u re right that could be a nice combo,i like small coils anyway

RR