It will be interesting to hear reports on how much more sensitive the small coil is over the original round.

I would get on the waiting list, but want to hear some more feedback  before jumping in.

• Like 2

Wes,

I’m right there with you!  That little Blue Coil, is awesome...and we’ve dug up some crazy deep nuggets.  Now if Coiltek, would come out with and ergo friendly detector fram and box to swap out the computer board and stuff it in theirs, I’d be all over it!

Rick

• Like 3

I hear you on that Lucky! Its one awkward swinging detector, but we love it anyway!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Wes,

I’m right there with you!  That little Blue Coil, is awesome...and we’ve dug up some crazy deep nuggets.  Now if Coiltek, would come out with and ergo friendly detector fram and box to swap out the computer board and stuff it in theirs, I’d be all over it!

Rick

If you can use a screwdriver, hacksaw, drill, get a Li battery, USB charger with some PVC pipe and aren`t too concerned about voiding your warranty, in a couple of hours you can have the SDC in a more ergo friendly lightened status no trouble. Easy as.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

If you can use a screwdriver, hacksaw, drill, get a Li battery, USB charger with some PVC pipe and aren`t too concerned about voiding your warranty, in a couple of hours you can have the SDC in a more ergo friendly lightened status no trouble. Easy as.

Any pics of this mod would be much appreciated..............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thread here  ?

• Like 4

Maybe changing the square carbon stem will do as well.....if i found one cheap in UK i shall pimp it.For fun

RR

• Like 1

Yes with the new Coiltek coils looking like they have a normal hinge/mount point, I`ll have a shot at just a standard stem. But saying that whilst the square stem looks heavy it isn`t. Most of the weight is in the convenient fold up case which is the go for a lot of users, just not my thing, plus the C cell battery holders are weighty. Swing it all day without bungee etc easy as now.

• Like 3

Trevor,  It was very kind of you to take the time away from CoilTek and clear up some of the questions from everyone on this fine forum.  There are so many people who have purchased SDC-2300's from me and other dealers.  The #1 complaint was the lack of coil options, but the amount of gold we find made up for it, which was a win win.  Now we get the opportunity to have more gold finding coils to make the SDC and our experience even better.

I look forward to seeing keeping my customers happy and also look forward to even more CoilTek options down the road.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      I am not sure if anyone else is doing this (it appears to be a Coiltek sale but no mention on their website), but Chris at AZO is advertising Coiltek coils for the Minelab SDC 2300 at 20% off for the rest of the month or while supplies last.

20% OFF the following premium Coiltek products:
      • 10x5 Gold Extreme: WAS $295 - NOW $236
      • 11" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
      • 14x9" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
      • Gold Extreme SDC Accessory Pack: WAS $67 - NOW $54
      http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14510-coiltek-isolation-special-new/
      https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/gold-extreme/

• By oneguy
      First time out with my new SDC and the damn thing shorts out every time I set it down or bump it?  Then it starts it's warm up all over again and I continue to hunt until I gently bump it or set it down again?  Seems to have got better towards end of 4 hr hunt where I only dug about 35 targets (no gold).  It might be the batteries not making good connection but I did have the trap door completely shut.  Anyone else ever have this issue before with the SDC????  Hate to have to send it in...…   
    • By Norvic
      Well, my Son did it and turned up with a SDC in exchange for my 5000 for Easter. Went off to try the SDC, left him with Z to compare with 5000 and new age coils, he was fairly impressed with performance of 5000 with the Elite 14" but in using the Z to compare he is now spoilt and talking Z Z Z Z only. Suspect the 5000 is history, regardless that the new age coils have increased the performance of the 5000, the stability of the Z has swung him.
      The SDC, it is super stable and a small piece magnet, good fun and will complement the Z. It is the small coil gold detector for those pieces around boulders the Z just can`t get at, plus for those shallow pieces that recovering is time consuming for the Z.

• By AussieMatt
      Been reading a lot about the new Coiltek, Nugget Finder & now Detech coils of late. I haven't had much to do with any of these but have detected a small area immediately after 2 x GPX4500 with the Coiltek Elite 14" mono attached. Although not an exhaustive or scientific test the end result was I got 8 x subgram nuggets from the area with the SDC & the 4500's nothing. 2 of the subgrammers came from adjacent to their scrapings so they knew something was there but was still iffy enough to walk away from. I keep hearing or reading how these coils are transforming GPX's into SDC's or even GPZ's but this short "test", for want of a better word, put some doubts in my mind.
      I've got no doubt that there is improvement in the new coils in how they enhance the target information or audio response of the detector through better windings etc. but I'm not entirely convinced it's as substantial as some make out. My thoughts are it may be about 10% performance improvement  (every bit does help regardless) & 90% of a placebo effect i.e. you buy a new coil excited by the possibilities of it's performance, you regain some enthusiasm & become more positive in approach even detecting more carefully + with more purpose - then when you find gold of course it's the new coil that done it right? 
      Another thing that has me scratching my head is how excited people are about them finding very small gold. My smallest bit with a GPX5000, fine gold & standard 11" Minelab Commander mono coil was 0.03 of gram (I think about 0.46 of a grain) so they have always been capable of doing it even with an unfashionable coil (but still a good one).
      Like I said I'm not doubting that there are definite performance improvements, much like the introduction of litz wire, but I do believe a lot can also be attributed to a refreshed or reinvigorated enthusiasm too. 
      New detectors could also have a very similar affect on us. What do the experts reckon?
    • By Walker
      Yesterday I beat my old record. Now it's .023 gram. .35 grain. I don't know if that's a good thing.
    • By PhaseTech
      Hi all,
      I've done up a video comparing some of the new coils.
      I'm an agent for Detech coils, but tried to be as unbiased as possible.
      Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the results.