Coil Covers; Do They Effect Sensitivity and Depth?

Same for me.  I've gone thru a dozen covers.  On the Gold Bug 2, I put Marine Goop around the seam to keep dust and dirt out. Even used it on the bottom of the covers when they get worn while waiting for a replacement.

A good Fisher dealer will stock the coil covers. If your dealer does not stock them then you will have to order from one that does.

I have never seen a black scuff cover for a Gold Bug however so maybe you are talking about an aftermarket coil? That would be a whole different problem if the coil manufacturer does not make a decent scuff cover for the coil.

The GB Pro standard coil is a bit larger than the 5" GB 2 cover.  I ordered one from Kelly Co and when I got it it would not fit the Pro.  It said 5" cover.

I have been to two other dealers and they don't have them either.  The larger cover we have for the Pro has a great cover.

On the newest Gold Bug 2 with a 6.5" coil, the coils are different than the old epoxy filled coil of earlier models and a new coil cover is available direct from Fisher and it's black. The old white coil cover doesn't fit.

• Like 1

Yes, the Gold Bug Pro is 5" round and Gold Bug 2 4" x 6" elliptical so some confusion I guess about what we are looking for here. Interesting Jim you are one of the few to know that. Fisher just went from epoxy filled to molded coils and new scuff covers. I was going to post about that at one point and forgot. It is going to mess a lot of people up going forward. I did not catch that the new covers are black. Be interesting to see what people think of the new coil. I am guessing epoxy filled could will end up being sought after.

Here is a link to KellyCo and their white and black cover.  

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/products/search/?q=Fischer+Gold+Bug+Pro&refinements=&formid=NTUzNDc5NDEyMjJkOQ%3D%3D&p=0#P1

I bought my GB Pro with a black cover on it.  It is soft and rubs through quite easily.  I ordered the white one from KellyCo and it does not fit.  I use it for a dish in my house.

What other Fisher uses this white cover?  I was told the older Gold Bugs.

Mitchel

Here is a picture of the white cover 'inside' of the black cover.  It seems at least a 1/2" smaller than what it needs to be to fit the coil.

post-628-0-53812300-1429509180_thumb.jpg

• Like 1