Fresno Gpaa Gold Show?

Anyone going? I’ll probably make it up there for a bit this weekend. My goal is to do all the panning at all the stations I can and get as much advice as possible from anyone who’ll give it out. ?

Oh, and I’m also going to win all the door prizes. 

This will be my first GPAA event I’m attending - anything in particular I should make sure to see?

-Julie

With your "I can't loose" attitude why the heck aren"t you out prospecting? There hasn't been a gold show within a reasonable traveling distance from my location for years.

• Like 3

I will be at my booth, "Jim's Metal Detectors," along with my pal Rob Johnson of the "Spud Diggers" YouTube channel. Drop on by... HH Jim

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

Sit in on as many seminars (classes) as possible, talk to the venders (as most are real prospectors) and listen to those asking their questions to the venders.

Couldn't agree with that more.  I think they post the seminar schedule on the GPAA facebook page.  Make sure to go to any presented by Kevin Hoagland, Mike Pung, Bill Southern.  Mike will be hawking his equipment (Gold Cube, Banjo Pan) when he's not lecturing.  Don't be shy in introducing yourself to Kevin and Mike (they aren't even close to being shy as you'll find out)!

BTW, although the show is on both Saturday and Sunday, the lectures are typically Saturday only.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jimmy M said:

I sell what I use: White's Electronics.

Thats what I thought,  bought a TDI and a SGT from you at past gold shows in Vegas. Speaking of Vegas, what the hell was GPAA thinking by skipping that venue this year?   The best prospecting party of the year........too bad

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, klunker said:

With your "I can't loose" attitude why the heck aren"t you out prospecting? There hasn't been a gold show within a reasonable traveling distance from my location for years.

I was, actually! Well, I went out just after your post, just for about 45 min to the beach near my workplace. 

I literally found $.02.

I CAN lose, I just prefer not to admit it. Seems discouraging. ?

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice  I did make Kevin Hoagland’s lecture which was insanely helpful, though I didn’t make Mike Pung’s. Thanks for that tip @GB_Amateur!

Also I’m so glad I waited to speak to @Jimmy M - you couldn’t ask to meet a nicer guy, and Jeannette (I hope I’m spelling that right!) is an absolute gem as well. If you go to the show and don’t stop at the White’s booth to say hello, you’re doing it wrong  ?

-Julie

• Like 3