Old Video To Help Some Newer VLF Gold Hunters

Thanks Mitchel! I like those claims - they’re quiet and pretty right now with all the green, and clambering up and down the hills is giving me some much needed  exercise- but my #1 most hated thing in the universe is the tick. ? I’ve been thinking of going up towards Randsburg - thanks for the advice! I think I’ll do that sooner rather than later. ?

On 3/19/2019 at 3:06 PM, jinmon said:

I have to say one of the places I’ve been going in the Cajon Pass is under giant power lines - some of the biggest towers I’ve ever seen. You can hear them crackle. I haven’t found any gold yet with the Equinox but I’ve found some tiny tiny birdshot, so it seems the power lines aren’t interfering that much if at all! ? I do occasionally hear the threshold get a bit of static through it when I’m there - not sure if it’s the power lines causing that or not but it’s not been a problem. At least if it has, I’m too new to know! ?

Liking this Equinox 800, @Gerry in Idaho... ☺️

-Julie

I too am new and hunt under and near power lines with the Equinox 800 (VLF) and have not heard any interference.  However, the guys with me using the GPZ 7000 (PI) are unable to detect without interference.

• Like 1

Thank you Gerry in Idaho, very helpful video.

Here is another VLF detector video that I found valuable as well:  

• Like 2