A Little Gold And Silver

mn90403

Well done Mitchel very nice indeed.

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

(It is a combination of .575 and .375 gold and weighs 4.8 grams.)

Nice finds!

I assume 0.575 is 14 Kt, or close  (14/24 = 0.583).  But 0.375 would be 9 Kt.  Is that a European standard?  Do European Jewelers use decimal purity labeling instead of Kt (fractional) purity labeling?

Fantastic hunt in my book.  You did very good.  It's nice to hear others state how solid the audio is with the Equinox on good targets.

?

• Like 2

Great hunt Mitchel. I too find the signal to lock on for silver and gold targets. I just found a nice 14K ring that locked on at a number 8. Just a nice solid sound to it . Sometimes when there are very few targets I get impatient and dig a lot of iffy shallow targets, hoping for that gold ring. But when you actually come over one, it is not iffy at all! Congrats on that beautiful chain and silver ring!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice finds!

I assume 0.575 is 14 Kt, or close  (14/24 = 0.583).  But 0.375 would be 9 Kt.  Is that a European standard?  Do European Jewelers use decimal purity labeling instead of Kt (fractional) purity labeling?

I think you are right GB_Amateur.  I try to research and find my marks on the objects that I find.  This is more European but there are knock-offs.  (All that glitters is not gold!)  Maybe it is hard for a jeweler to find anything other than a 14K clasp.  This may be the first 9K chain I've found but it has a nice color.  I don't know what the other metals would be.  The metals are lighter than gold which makes it good for wearing but light on the scale for a comparable more gold bracelet.  (Natural gold is impure but I've never see any at 9K.)

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Great hunt Mitchel. I too find the signal to lock on for silver and gold targets. I just found a nice 14K ring that locked on at a number 8. Just a nice solid sound to it . Sometimes when there are very few targets I get impatient and dig a lot of iffy shallow targets, hoping for that gold ring. But when you actually come over one, it is not iffy at all! Congrats on that beautiful chain and silver ring!!

The sound of a good and great target on the Nox is glorious.  We have so many mixed metal targets in the surf it is rare for an uncorroded, pure sound.  I get it most often with pull tabs and nickels.  There is a fullness to the sound.  ☺️  

I should note that both of these finds were 'without a clue' but in an area where I've found good objects before.

• Like 4

On 3/9/2019 at 12:43 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Nice finds!

Yep - common labels are:

333, 375, 585, 750, 917 aka 8, 9, 14, 18, 22k

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1