Stuck in a Rut!

My last trip to Northern Nevada Goldfields, started off with a few nuggets at each place we hunted. My last day started off pretty good and at lunch we tossed them on the scale I had 4.82 dwts and only needed a dink to hit my goal of 1/4 ounce. Now late in the afternoon, I was the only survivor of my hunting party everyone else called it a hunt and headed home. I was lost in my thought as a truck pulled up next to mine and I noticed it was Lunk. He said, Rick your one Ridge from my patch, you'll get that dink there. Well feeling some what refreshed, we hit the Ridge. I found myself in the same rut as Lunk and his partner where adding to their pokes. The GPZ, is a very sensitive detector and I did find a micro dink. But not near enough to get me close to achieving my goal. The Sun was setting on top of the mountain and was starting to get the evening chill and I hated the thought of coming out in the morning just to find a dink before I headed home. Lunk and Partner, looked like they where about to load up and I walked over to say goodbye. Lunk, pointed to his patch and told me I left you one, go find it. As their truck crested the Ridge I had a sweet target which was gold and I added one more for good measure. Until the next hunt, thanks for the Rut Buster pointy finger, Lunk

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-81387100-1429492072_thumb.jpg

Success! That feeling when you hit the goal mark...aww yeah. 

Any time, Lucky. Glad you were able meet your goal. It was great hunting with you; I thoroughly enjoyed your humorous wit and tenacity...Zedding til dusk!

Hey Rick, yeah give me a shout when you come back out. I've been doing a lot of driving mostly but I can swing again now too and better every day. Good luck hope you pull a couple out of California too in the meantime!