Persistance Pays Off

Nice digs, love that old ring!  Those mercs look like they've been out there a long time.

• Like 1

Well done school and well reported.  Sometimes there are macro clues and sometimes there are micro clues.  When I find a patch I sometime see if I can find a better one before I return to the only one that is producing that day.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. My wife informed me that if that ring had actually fit her finger, it would be hers right now :ohmy: So far most of my rings have been small :laugh: The Mercury dimes were in a constantly wet area. They develop this huge black crust all over them. We call them "cookies" around here. They continue to disintegrate from the inside out until there is nothing left of them. When you crack them open you can see the imprint of the coin design on the part that breaks off. Eventually they just degrade to nothing. Chase, if I put out a message showing that chain, I would have a hundred people a day telling me that those are their kids names :rolleyes:. Unfortunately it would be hard to find the real owner.  I finally gave up trying to return the half carat diamond ring I found that had a serial number on it. Zales said they do not keep track of those numbers....it is the buyers responsibility to contact the lab that engraved it. In other words they don't care, just buy another ring from them. Sad but true.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks everyone. My wife informed me that if that ring had actually fit her finger, it would be hers right now :ohmy: So far most of my rings have been small :laugh: The Mercury dimes were in a constantly wet area. They develop this huge black crust all over them. We call them "cookies" around here. They continue to disintegrate from the inside out until there is nothing left of them. When you crack them open you can see the imprint of the coin design on the part that breaks off. Eventually they just degrade to nothing. Chase, if I put out a message showing that chain, I would have a hundred people a day telling me that those are their kids names :rolleyes:. Unfortunately it would be hard to find the real owner.  I finally gave up trying to return the half carat diamond ring I found that had a serial number on it. Zales said they do not keep track of those numbers....it is the buyers responsibility to contact the lab that engraved it. In other words they don't care, just buy another ring from them. Sad but true.

Some collect insurance and don't want the original back!

• Like 1