Makro Racer 2 Bt Problem

Hello,

I am new at metal detecting and just but a Makro racer 2, also because of the Bluetooth option.

Now I'm trying to connect my own BT headphone but I don't know how. There's no description of this in the manual.

All the options in YouTube films doesn't work. Also there's no BT module which I can take out and f.e. replace with a BT dongle.

Can someone help me?

My serial nb from the system box is : 9001442/ 07150

As I recall, the Racer 2 can use the the Nokta/Makro proprietary wireless headphones, which does not use a standard Bluetooth interface.

Details for using the Nokta/Makro headphones are in its manual, which is at:

https://www.noktadetectors.com/wp-content/file-download/wireless-headphones/wireless-headphones-green-edition-en.pdf

• Like 1

The Racer 2 can only use the Makro Wireless headphones. Makro used a proprietary system and not conventional Blue Tooth. I think you could use the Garrett Z Link if you want a wireless system that allows you to use the headphones of your choice. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is correct that Nokta/Makro uses a proprietary wireless system on nearly all their models to date. As Tom notes you could go with the Garrett Z-Lynk but that also is a proprietary system. You can find all sorts of dongle driven Bluetooth solutions on Amazon and elsewhere that will plug into the 1/4” headphone jack with or without an adapter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave van Uden said:

Hello,

I am new at metal detecting and just but a Makro racer 2, also because of the Bluetooth option.

Now I'm trying to connect my own BT headphone but I don't know how. There's no description of this in the manual.

All the options in YouTube films doesn't work. Also there's no BT module which I can take out and f.e. replace with a BT dongle.

Can someone help me?

My serial nb from the system box is : 9001442/ 07150

Hello Dave. I got your email as well. I am currently in Germany attending IWA.  I will forward your email to my team to check on the serial number but if there is no dummy dongle on the side of the display box, it means you have the later version of the Racer 2 with the wireless module built inside. Racer 2, by the way, does not have bluetooth connection but 2.4 GHz wireless so you would need our 2.4GHz headphones. Hope it is clear.