Sign in to follow this  
amergin

MX Sport High Trash Mode

I am very impressed with the High trash setting, and am trying to figure out how it is weighted

you would think it had low sensitivity and high discrimination therefore would lead to less dept and more iron masking in thick iron areas at homesites

but it actually performs to the contrary of my expectations.

it goes very deep up to 12 inches and the discrimation level dose not interfere with separating iron from small non ferrous items

I was using my equinox in all metal mode and my friend had his MX Sport high trash mode, we  where at a colonial homesite, he has getting mixed signal of iron and a high tone and number

he dug 5 big hand made square nails up to 6", and was still getting the good signal , when i cam over with the equinox in multi frequency  all I was getting was iron, minus signals, with a flash of 11

but no enough to want to dig, and I predicted it was probably a false from a bent nail

he kept going and eventually t 10" deep amongst more nails he pulled a penny

My equinox never sensed this coin, yet high trash on single frequency spotted it at the onset and stuck to it like glue until it was finally retrieved.

I would love to know the set up and weighting behind this mode some i could apply some to my equinox.

• Like 2

I think you just have to buy an MX Sport!?

Weighting is a term Minelab used with the Equinox to refer to which multiple frequencies are used and how they are "mixed" together in the modes. Since the MX Sport is a single frequency detector the term does not apply. There are all sorts of reasons a detector might hit a target that another misses, but without having both detectors on hand with quite a bit of time spent over the undug target trying various settings on the machines it is impossible to tell where the difference would be.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, amergin said:

I am very impressed with the High trash setting, and am trying to figure out how it is weighted

you would think it had low sensitivity and high discrimination therefore would lead to less dept and more iron masking in thick iron areas at homesites

but it actually performs to the contrary of my expectations.

it goes very deep up to 12 inches and the discrimation level dose not interfere with separating iron from small non ferrous items

I was using my equinox in all metal mode and my friend had his MX Sport high trash mode, we  where at a colonial homesite, he has getting mixed signal of iron and a high tone and number

he dug 5 big hand made square nails up to 6", and was still getting the good signal , when i cam over with the equinox in multi frequency  all I was getting was iron, minus signals, with a flash of 11

but no enough to want to dig, and I predicted it was probably a false from a bent nail

he kept going and eventually t 10" deep amongst more nails he pulled a penny

My equinox never sensed this coin, yet high trash on single frequency spotted it at the onset and stuck to it like glue until it was finally retrieved.

I would love to know the set up and weighting behind this mode some i could apply some to my equinox.

Well. Just talking Nox here. You move dirt you may or may not hear a target buried.  Nox is extraordinary detector.  One must think about speed setting, detect mode, sensitivty when detecting.  

A question here.

Can Nox be used in a site using one set of settings and or one detect mode and hunt hard using and deem site dead?

A big fat NO.  User neeeds to hunt more withndiffer t settings and detect modes.  Base this on what targets are possibly in the area, soil mineralization, and how dense iron is on one’s site.