There Is No Gold In California

Julie, master your machine, employ the operating tips found in "Advanced Nuggetshooting," at the locations shown in "Gold Nugget Areas of Southern California," and one day, while digging a target, cursing those lying members of this forum who falsely claim they have found gold with a detector, as you spot that golden gleam in your palm, the dark clouds above you will part, the heavens will open, streams of light will beam down upon you, and you will hear the Hallelujah chorus, and all will be well in your corner of the world. :}

Or, if the foregoing doesn't actually happen, you'll likely shout "Well, its ABOUT TIME""

HH Jim

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No NZ is not included because my Brother JW is proving over & over NZ has definitely got gold. I`m a wee upset you think I`d forget NZ and our extended family.?

Seriously I think it will not be long and Julie will be showing us some Californian gold, and we can then celebrate with her.

• Thanks 1

Dear Julie,

I feel exactly the same way. As I live in Germany I don't have many opportunities to detect for nuggets. Last year in March my friend Joe and I detected several LDMA claims at Stanton,AZ. What a breathtaking area. I found lead to cast new bullets, Casings to load them up, sheet metal to put a roof on my house and wire to have it fenced in.... but no gold. Even found a burro shoe way over 100 years old. That was using my SDC2300. Both of us were using the SDC2300 and did not find gold. If you don't swing your coil over gold you're not gonna find any. Just put your time in (I will do too as I'm going back to CA in Sep2019) and the busy will be rewarded one day.....hopefully :-) Try to check spots which are not comfortable at all. Thorns, thick bushes, hard to get to places, cracks in bedrock. For a little over 2 months now I am using a Nox800. I am having big fun with it and found my hunting buddies wedding band which got lost over 1 year ago. So I found gold just not a nugget. It came in at 14 being 4.5 grams in weight. Good luck to you maybe we meet out there in CA one day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horst said:

I found lead to cast new bullets, Casings to load them up, sheet metal to put a roof on my house and wire to have it fenced in.... but no gold.

?  Thank you Horst, I found that amusing.

Best of luck when you are back in the US in September. ?

• Like 1

I recall a big nugget found in California a few years back. It was called the 'Washington'  Nugget, and sold for $460,000.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

As per above, there’s no gold in California, there’s also no gold jewelry at the beach. So please just stay home.???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeachHunter said:

As per above, there’s no gold in California, there’s also no gold jewelry at the beach. So please just stay home.???

Funny, the same thing is happening at the New England beaches too. Weird :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wow I'm speechless....to find such a nugget will probably cause me a heart attack or two. But that's when I grow up (I'm just about 55 years old). First I'm wishing for a 1 gram or 1/2 gram......IF you find a nugget that big it would be nice not having the need to sell it. At least I would have a 3D cast made of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jimmy M said:

Julie, master your machine, employ the operating tips found in "Advanced Nuggetshooting," at the locations shown in "Gold Nugget Areas of Southern California," and one day, while digging a target, cursing those lying members of this forum who falsely claim they have found gold with a detector, as you spot that golden gleam in your palm, the dark clouds above you will part, the heavens will open, streams of light will beam down upon you, and you will hear the Hallelujah chorus, and all will be well in your corner of the world. :}

Or, if the foregoing doesn't actually happen, you'll likely shout "Well, its ABOUT TIME""

HH Jim

I fully expect all of the above to happen, even if I have to sing the Hallelujah chorus myself!!! ☺️ Advanced Nuggetshooting is great btw!!! Thank you! ?

-Julie

10 hours ago, Horst said:

Dear Julie,

[...]

I found lead to cast new bullets, Casings to load them up, sheet metal to put a roof on my house and wire to have it fenced in.... but no gold. Even found a burro shoe way over 100 years old.

[...]

Good luck to you maybe we meet out there in CA one day.

I would LOVE to find an old burro shoe - what a neat piece of history! I’m quite fond of the burros too. ? If you’re ever in California do let us know - we should arrange a forum outing! ?

-Julie

• Like 1