No Gold In California 2

I only seem to find the easy stuff.  I think others find gold I miss.  ?

It's still out there!

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

You're going to make Julie really worried about there being no Gold in California now, a man with a GPZ, GPX 5000 and SDC2300 didn't find any gold!

He should’ve asked me - I was up at the Placer Pete claim the weekend before. ?

Nope - no gold there either!

-Julie

Julie,  What local gold hunting clubs do you belong to?  I lived in San Bernardino most of my life and eventually found gold out near 29 Palms.  My local S.B. club did not have claims suitable for nugget detecting.   GaryC/OregonCoast

3 hours ago, jinmon said:

Hi @GaryC/Oregon Coast! I haven’t joined any yet but plan to hit up the Route 66 guys sometime soon. I’ve just been going onto the GPAA claims so far. And they’re getting access to a bunch of the AMRA claims as well.

-Julie

Where did you find a list of the AMRA claims?

If you check out High Desert Gold Diggers or First Class Minors they have detectable claims out in the Dale Mine District.  I have seen many, many, many nuggets come from that area in the last fifteen years.  Took me three years to find one and it was out in the Dale.  Don't give up, you have to be patient, persistent and persevere.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

2 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

If you check out High Desert Gold Diggers or First Class Minors they have detectable claims out in the Dale Mine District.  I have seen many, many, many nuggets come from that area in the last fifteen years.  Took me three years to find one and it was out in the Dale.  Don't give up, you have to be patient, persistent and persevere.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

My first nugget (.3 g or something) was found on the BlackJack claim out there.  It has since been reduced in size and the dry washers have hit it hard in the last 7 years since then.  I found a specimen out there with the 800 last year on open ground.  It is hard to figure out the claim status out there now because there are a lot of lode claims that are only paper messing up the system.  There is still gold on the surface and other gold too.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2019 at 8:18 PM, mn90403 said:

Just up the road from where the Lytle Creek GPAA claims are they have a few near Coolgardie. 

Mitch,

What happened to the old miner guy that lived out in Coolgardie, I think his name was Jim, or something like that, I heard he passed away?? I met him once prospecting out there a few years ago, real nice guy...

Dave