Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fellas. Once i looked it up i just wrapped it in tissue did not even rinse off the dirt so i guess ill send it in to be cleaned and graded by pcgs. Never did this before so its all very interesting and fun. I hear if you join then you get something like 2-3 free evaluations....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, strick said:

...did not even rinse off the dirt...

Smart man, and even more patient and disciplined.  Lots of people rub the heck out of the coin in the field and then rationalize "I knew it wasn't going to be worth much...."  This is an example where they would have been wrong, wrong, wrong, and very costly.  You did well and you deserve whatever it turns out to be worth, whether you keep it, sell it, whatever.  I'm still in awe that you found this coin.  If someone told me s/he read a post on a website that someone found a 1918/17-S quarter in this condition while metal detecting I wouldn't have believed them.

• Like 3

I'm gonna quit going on-and-on about this find someday, but not today!  Take a look at this recent auction result:

https://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices/item/1918-7-s-25c/5726/708416142091251220

Compare the stars on the shield and especially the date.  A lot depends upon how your coin cleans up, but if well then yours blows away this one in terms of attractiveness.  Your coin has such a strong date.

• Like 2

Wow!! Incredible find, very sweet my friend!

• Like 1

Congratulations strick, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! I like that weird sun thing too!

Thanks for all your posts also GB_Amateur, as if you didn't post all that info I'd have no idea what to be excited about 🙂

He's been on a roll lately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow!! Strick......amazing finds! Congrats!

• Like 1

I have only one piece of advice, go buy a couple lottery tickets! 👍😀

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dan(NM)
      Had a great time hunting the old 1850's site again today. Found a lot of fired lead along with a bucket lister and my oldest silver coin to date, an 1852 seated half dime. This is the first silver coin to come out of this place since we've been hunting it for the last few months. We both knew there was one hiding in there somewhere :-). Running the 800 with the 11 inch coil. My settings were as follows:. Park 2, recovery speed set at 6, iron bias 0, this time I performed a manual ground balance, sensitivity set at 18, 2 tones .

• By Kickindirt
      A friend and I spent a couple days swinging around a couple junk filled ghost towns. I am very familiar with the Xp deus. I had also brought with the new to me Xp ORX. I spent my time swinging both the deus/ORX with the 9 Hf, 9x5Hf and my LF 11x13 coils. I found some good stuff and was really able to put the new ORX to work. I kept the ORX equipped with the 9x5hf coil. Deus with 9Hf coil. Also have my 11x13 on a straight shaft to easily switch to that. These site have been hit hard over the last few years by me and a ton of other people and have seen 3 to 4 large group hunts. Heres a few pics

• By normmcq
      I asked and got permission to hunt an old yard in the older part of town.  I was told that it had been detected several times over the years and a $20.00 gold coin was found there about twenty years ago. I said that technology had gotten better and I would like to try my chances. I was very pleasantly surprised with this coin
    • By Ms.Molewacker
      Weather was just too nice not to camp this weekend here on the Wet side of WA. Off to a older camp ground that once had a apple orchard with a few old trees left. Zillions of pull tabs and can slow, but managed to pull a pile of coins including the 64 and 53 Silver Rosies. The silver came in on the first day, 20 minutes apart.  I don't think I have ever had a 2 silver day, and the nox was pulling deep for our stupid soil. 

Thanks for looking, and HH

• By Dan(NM)
      Got out with the Equinox again to do a little civil War era hunting. I hunted a fort that was occupied from 1851 thru 1862. I dug a lot of trash but I managed to rescue a few keepers.

• By Busho
      Hi guys. Here's some finds made with the Eqx 8000 on monday. Was pretty happy with the outcome. One Chinese coin and the Broach was in some fairly hot ground under some rocks and mineralised clay from an old lead throw out heap. Around 8 or so inches roughly. I like the 800 but it really is screaming out for a 10 inch elliptical or similar. Some type of solid coil.