9 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I have only one piece of advice, go buy a couple lottery tickets! ??

Clark thats good advice and I think I'll take it since I'm on a streak right now. Funny thing is I don't consider myself lucky. My mom on the other hand is always winning at bingo.... seems like every other week she's taking home over 1k in winnings lol.  Me I don't gamble....even if theres a fifty/fifty chance I usually come out on the short end of the stick. I've always had the "hard work gets rewarded" type of attitude. When I told Lisa what the coin appeared to be she got a serious look on her face said I deserved it lol. Now if you believe all that I got an Island out in the middle of the desert I'll sell you. :biggrin:

My Gold fox is supposed to be here tomorrow 

strick

• Like 4

Wow!  An 8 over 7 Standing Liberty!!!!!   I would love to find any year date of a standing liberty.   Wonderful relics also!

• Like 1

Hi Strict,

Beautiful places to detect, love just getting out to those scenic historical sites, the finds are icing on the cake ?

Great spots, black powder flasks, buckles, and seateds, doesn't get better than that on the west coast.

Congrats to your friend on the seated quarter! That 1918 over 1917 SLQ is a great find!  Probably not what you're looking for at gold rush era camps, but I'd take it any day ?

The sunray thing is pretty cool, not sure what exactly it is though.  That buckle you found with the nipple in the center, I found something similar to that recently, do you think that's a horse tack buckle?

That rectangular metal item next to the license plate tag I believe may be a scale weight.  Does it have any writing on it?  I found one, and I believe it was marked with the weight in grams, it was ID'd as an apothecary weight, but they were more likely using it to weigh gold IMO.

Congrats again on saving so much history!
Brian

• Like 2

Chuck, you have really been tearing it up lately. My only thought is what magnificent finds you may have produced if you had only been swinging the best detector, the Deus?

Signed, 

Deus fan boy

• Like 1

Thanks Cal...im sure the buckel is off a halter...the rectangular thing is a small pad lock. It has writing on it but hard to discern...will tumble it. I have found a couple scale weights in the past. All the stuff in that picture includind the quarter were found close to where i live. Now if i can only figure out the sun god thing. Probably not very old as im finding lots of modern clad in this spot.

Strick

• Like 2

The way the sun's rays alternate between straight and wiggly reminds me of Inti, the Incan Sun God; here's an example:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/inca-sun-god-inti-may-uruguayan-1010293492

It appears there has been a lot of artistic license taken in reproducing this image.  Maybe your find is one of them.  Also the face reminds me of man-in-the-moon images:

https://www.pinterest.com/llchell/images-man-in-the-moon/

Maybe what you found is someone's depiction of a solar eclipse.

• Like 1

GB Amateur- thanks for the leg work. Your research and knowledge is invaluable to us here on this forum. Oh and dont let me leave out your enthuasium ?

Deus Fan boy- The XP Deus is hard to beat in the a trashy relic environment. Your expertise with this machine make the two of you an un beatable pair....which is why I do my best to hunt out a spot before I take you there ? and yet you still are able to pull good finds from all these hard hit areas.  I still remember your remarkable words of wisdom.... "Nails are your friend"

Till the next hunt...

Strick

• Like 2