Thanks for the pics. Georgeous area to hunt. I would love to camp there a couple of days. Seems a lot of good coins and relics coming from No California area. Congrats on your super finds!!!!!!

• Like 1

Everything is so lush and green there right now...including your wallet.  Not only did the land owner dig a semi key date low mint Seated Q (thanks to your kind heart - smart man), but then you save a fine condition Overstamp 18/17.  Yes it is genuine and certainly one we do not see often.

Some of those other dodads and artifacts are very interesting.  The sun one especially.

Is it ok if I share the photos of your SLQ find Strick?

Thanks for sharing such a double wammy story.

• Like 1

Thanks Gerry of course you can share the photos however you want. The finds were from 4 different spots. However it's hard to beat the Sierra Nevada foot hills this time of year.  Makes you wish you could go back in time and see how the old timers worked the ground...I'd like to have learned a few things from them. Every time I find something they dropped or lost is another story/history lesson.

strick

• Like 1

Chuck,  What is the last couple photos of a small brass or copper piece, ornate in style and to a dress, a piece of jewelry or other.  Very interesting.  Also like the pic of the bullet casing and the 1 boot.  Makes me wonder if there is more to the story?

Boot.jpg

Gery- the Piece you're talking about is a ornate womens metal hair clip it has clips on 2 sides . It's stamped 1915 . The bullet casing is 50 cal  i found that at an old ww2 dump site here locally. 

Strick