Follow The Drywashers?

Great story lol.  Congrats on the nugget, awesome job.  As for the penny I guess it could have been worse, lead birdshot!

That penny might tell you more than you think.  It does add to the story.  What is the year?

When do you think those tailing piles were made?  If they were using a metal detector at the time, what was the 'hot' model they may have used?

Questions worth asking.

Mitchel

I have found several coins, usually nickels but some pennies in known old patches. Some people believe they need to leave something of value where they found nuggets. Several years ago I dug un unspent 357 mag round. Might have been funny to the person that left it, but could have been a dangerous situation if I had hit it just wrong with my pick.

Norm

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

17 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That penny might tell you more than you think.  It does add to the story.  What is the year?

When do you think those tailing piles were made?  If they were using a metal detector at the time, what was the 'hot' model they may have used?

Questions worth asking.

Mitchel

2003 - that's the cruel part.  The last time this was "claimed" was 2012-13, and it's obvious they didn't work the tailings - still standing tall until I broke them down.  I'm befuddled by this area.  Lots of shallow bedrock, obvious source, and plenty of untouched ground, yet...not putting out?  And it is definitely a gold producing area.  Thanks

Brett

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

my thoughts on the penny...  when some one reached into a pocket it might have fallen out . getting cig lighter , or something.

Just my thoughts on it .

Back say 20 to 30 years ago, it was common practice to leave a coin where we found a nugget with our detector.

I confess, I did it...

Many years ago, down around Yuma, when I was green as new grass I would occasionally bury a penny or nickel for testing.

I had no clue about high conductors or low conductors, or much of anything else...

Usually I dug them up but not always.  

One time back around Yuma, I got a very nice signal and fairly deep. After some digging and some anticipation it would be gold...because it was deep. Out came a copper penny...then I realized that I had been there and done that...

foolish me

fred

• Haha 3