Have Any Of You Altered Your Equinox Rod?

Bayard

midalake -- I'll check my email, thank you!

Sinclair -- yes, shipping would make a field test a costly proposition in this case, but if the prototype is well-received, getting you a shaft in the future is something that can certainly be worked on.  Yes, there are some ergonomic deficiencies with the Equinox, no doubt about it...

Steve

1 hour ago, steveg said:

For what it's worth, I am in the process of building a couple of carbon-fiber S-shaft prototypes right now, for the Equinox.  I'll be doing some for the Garrett AT series, soon.  If anyone is interested in field testing an Equinox S-shaft, let me know...

Thanks,

Steve

I have not upgraded to the ML Equinox yet. All my older machines have the “S” configuration but I am also looking for collapsing/telescoping shaft for prospecting. I may interested in your product if I settle on the Equinox 800.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveg said:

For what it's worth, I am in the process of building a couple of carbon-fiber S-shaft prototypes right now, for the Equinox.

I'm sure I speak for many others when I say:

takemymoney.jpg

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, HardPack said:

I have not upgraded to the ML Equinox yet. All my older machines have the “S” configuration but I am also looking for collapsing/telescoping shaft for prospecting. I may interested in your product if I settle on the Equinox 800.

HardPack -- sounds good.  Perhaps once you've made your decision, I'll have S-shafts for the Equinox ready to go...

Thanks for your interest!

Steve

39 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

I'm sure I speak for many others when I say:

takemymoney.jpg

mh -- now THAT is funny, LOL!  🙂

Once the testing is complete, and I think I have it in a format that will serve folks well, I'll be glad to get you taken care of!  

LOL!  

Steve

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I never had a detector with an S shaft. 

Would different size/weight coils need a different S shape????????

Or is that just a counter weight thing ? 

The 15" kills my elbows fast !

In general detectors under 4 lbs with stock coils or smaller do better with S rods. Detectors over 4 lbs, especially those with larger coils, do better with a properly weighted straight shaft.

• Like 3

For me it's a combination of balance and the angle and form of the handle. Switching to carbon helped a lot, but the angle and form of the handle is the main culprit in my case imho. My hand always tends to wander up the handle, which leads me to grip harder to compensate.

• Like 1