Sign in to follow this  
geof_junk

If Only You Could Go Back In Time

JR, thanks for the link! 328 pages of photos.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 1

Found only a few small pieces here personally, but was following up on Jim Stewart, Reg Wilson and John Hider Smith. These guys didn't miss much!

I don't know who 'said' that but it brings up an observation ... should I follow or avoid the trail of these greats when seeking nuggets in May?  haha  (And just think, there were 3000 combing the area long before these guys!)

Mitchel

• Like 2

Just love the history around it!!!

RR

• Like 1

I love seeing pictures of the old miners at work. It would be nice to have a few hanging on my wall in my office.

strick

• Like 4

10 hours ago, phoenix said:

I maybe wrong but I believe this specimen with 72 ounces of gold in it was found at Poseidon only a few years ago by the people that now have the lease there

72 Ounces.JPG

The area has been bulldozed beyond recognition since I was there years ago.

Much more gold was found at depth.

• Thanks 1

I went to the Poseidon area in 1980 but saw it was private land, and thought it was too much trouble to get permission, as there was a lot of virgin ground in the bush elsewhere in those days.😪  

• Like 1

Not too far from where I'll get some training.  😌

I'll have to look at the locations for the other 4 in this video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      A couple of days ago I pulled the trigger on a solo trip to Australia, Melbourne and Victoria to be exact.  I have the Visa.  I have a Miner's Right.  I'll be there from Thursday morning 8:30AM the 9th of May thru Thursday morning the 30th of May which will make for 20 days of detecting.  It says the highs will be in the high 60s and lows in the 50s.  The sun will rise about 7:30 and set about 5.  There seems to be a fair amount of rain for the month.
      I've been reading Fred's books.  He has one of Doug Stone's which is the Gold Atlas of Victoria.  There are also many online resources and several of you here have some great suggestions for me.  My itinerary is open for some nugget prospecting days and a couple of beach days.
      My tentative plan would be to get off the plane, rent a vehicle and head to Bendigo area for a motel and then be ready for a hunt the next day.  I might even be up for a hunt the day I arrive ... possibly at a beach.
      I'm sure I'll be meeting up with some of the forum members when I'm there so let's just see what happens.
      Mitchel
    • By vanursepaul
      New story thread....
      Leaving for OZ around May 4th this year--
      Can't reveal the details because it is super secret this year....
      But hope to be upload some better video this year---
      I have been searching for the simplest way to use a camera while in the field...
      I haven't found any yet that are that simple, most ways i have tried become so time consuming that they interfere with my fun and relaxation!!!
      ANd my TAsk mAster dont like it when i am ... "fkn around!" If he sees too many videos or pictures he will scold me...
      Maybe a selfie, "follow me" cheapie drone----- I could hang a piece of bait meat on it for the flies while it is hovering near me,,,LOLOL
      This is Jan 20th and I will be traveling to LA  on Feb 3rd ..for my last 3 months of "work"
      Carry on !

• By idahogold
      Victoria" Nice Dig! 🙃Ig

• By idahogold
      These "Blokes are Great! 😚 It's "Raw" but real" w lots of finds, ck their other vids for more. Enjoy! Ig

• By mn90403
      Every year some of us have an 'opportunity' to go to Australia and prospect for a few weeks.  Some of us pull the trigger and some of us don't. (I'm not talking 'Paul' type of trip where you outfit yourself for months.)
      Now is the time to book that type of trip.  I'm sure many Australians book trips also.
      Which tour has the 'best' three week or so, all in or tag along trip and to what part of Australia?  We'd be bringing our own detector, a 7000 and just want to get put on or near a gold patch or two.
      If you have been there and done that recently it would sure help to know your story.  Maybe this is the year to pull the trigger.
      Mitchel
    • By Rivers rat
      Hello to all !
      I may be able to sneak in my wife luggage in February when she will be training for her new Job in Australia .I believe she will be based in Perth.Is there any Gold rich field around there?????
      I dont want to stay indoor and i got the green light to go detecting.

Any infos will be welcome.

Thanks

RR