Well boys, I'm in the club. Had to sell some detectors, dredges and other stuff to get in. But I'm in. 

I've had it for a few weeks now. I find it super easy to learn. With the help of the others on the forum , the great topics,tips....

The learning curve is real short on the Zed, compared to the gpx 5000 for me. 

I've found gold on almost every outing. Nothing to write home about, but am very impressed with the Zed.

I have found a lead slug about a 1/2 ounce at 24 inches. Was sure hoping it was gold. But it will happen.

I am leaving tomorrow to a remote patented placer mine for a week. I have found some nice gold there in the past, with a detector.

But it has never seen a Zed yet. So, I am excited to say the least.

With the short time I have used the Zed. I have found more gold than my 1st season with the gpx 5000.

Plus I am already more comfortable on how to use the settings of the 7000 than I ever was with the 5000.

So wish me luck and I will give you all a update when I return.

• Like 4

That's really great Scott. Welcome to the club and I am glad to hear you are taking to the GPZ. I am discovering that the less a person has used a GPX the easier the transition to the GPZ seems to be. Longtime GPX users try to make the machine work like a GPX and the GPZ despite similarities is a whole different ballgame. Good luck and hope you score some big gold on your outing!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard the Zed train Scott, you will have many golden adventures with it!

Scott-  My gun safe was getting over stocked so I sold a couple that I never use just so I would not feel so bad about buying the ZED! As long as it's in your hands and you find gold  that's all that matters!  Looking forward to your up dates...

strick