Pulled A Masked V Nickel From A Hunted Out Park

Nice find.  I am a big fan of the 6" coil in so many ways.  Sniffing tiny gold nuggets, prying seated silvers from old cabin burns with square nails littered everywhere, to beeping a coin or two next to another bad target and still getting good target separation.  My NOX and 6" coil rocks.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Nice find.  I am a big fan of the 6" coil in so many ways.  Sniffing tiny gold nuggets, prying seated silvers from old cabin burns with square nails littered everywhere, to beeping a coin or two next to another bad target and still getting good target separation.  My NOX and 6" coil rocks.  Thanks for sharing.

The 6-inch coil has become my everyday coil. I have to go slower to cover the same amount of ground as the 11-inch coil, but that's OK by me. I have a whole lot less arm fatigue with the small coil.

I've used the 6-incher exclusively since mid-February, and the total volume my finds doesn't seem to have fallen off as a result. I track the number of coins I find on a monthly basis, and the amount of clad I've recovered has actually increased - by a lot. Silver recoveries are down, but I had a really good (for me) January with silver (6 dimes - 4 mercy, 2 Rosies), and I've only gotten 3 silvers (2 dimes - a mere and a Barber - and 1 SLQ) since then. I'm still pulling wheaties at about the same rate: 19 with the 11-incher and 18 with the small coil. My guess is that the sites I'm searching is the biggest factor in these results, rather than the coil.

Congrats on the V Snohom !!!!

I have dug 3 V's since using the Nox......a couple of buffs, 2 war nickels and over 400 Jeffersons. 

The Nox hits hard on the niks. A couple of times hit on small cache and didn't think there were other coins in the hole since the nik was dominant. 

I remember digging wheats like crazy in trash sites with a 6" coil on my Safari.  I should get serious about getting one for my Nox since my wheat count is way down this year. My silver count is also way off but then I've cut back on the hours I hunt. Is the 6" that much better in iron & trash than the standard coil? I've read where some say "Yes" and others say "No".