groundscanner

Charging The Hf Coil - Issue??

Has anyone had this issue?  Occasionally when charging my elliptical HF coil it will not start the 3 second on/3 seconds off indicator once it is charged.  I changed it for hours yesterday and the most it would do would be that the light would occasionally flicker.  Finally I took it off charge and the controller indicated that the coil was fully charged. The coil seems to function fine other than that.

Thanks

Have you made sure the connectors on the coil are clean and free of any corrosion or dirt/dust? It could be your charger too. Have you tried a different charger? Maybe that has something to do with it. It also could be the cable. What about trying a different one. Just some ideas.

I did try a different charger. I will check out your other suggestions. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rosemary
      Need help. My equinox 600 doesn't change discrimination patterns when I switch detect modes. I am always in all metal mode. My boyfriend has the same machine and his changes with each mode...he doesn't know why mine does not. I can't figure it out...help please.
    • By Cleggy
      I bought this GPX 5000 second-hand and when I first had it it worked fine, but now when I turn it on it doesn't seem to be able to detect any signals. If I wand it over a large piece of metal it just about detects it and if I turned the unit on and off it seems to improve it. Could it be the coil?
      I've made a video :

• By DeltaDigger
      Does anyone use the X35 coil on the ORX? Any opinion on it compared to the HF coils? I got smoked today by a friend. He was using the 11 inch legacy coil (with the Deus) while I was using the 9 inch elliptical coil with the ORX. I realize coil size was a factor but he was getting tones on objects that I couldn't even pick up. We were running the same frequency, reactivity, etc,  just to compare. Any thoughts?
    • By wltdwiz
      took my new xp orx with 9 x 5 elliptical coil  out for a walk yesterday in the northern az goldfields
      heres 2 from a heavily worked area with the orx
      this dog will hunt
      quiet smooth & ez to ground balance
      the small 1 is under 10th of a gram
      the orx gets it done i like it