Minelab 600 Finds

Nice, that's the kind of site I enjoy detecting!  If any of thsoe are San Francisco minted, could be good news.

• Like 1

Deltadigger put a whippin' on me that day - lol.  If I recall correctly all 3 locked on at a solid 19.  No luck for me that day with silver.  All I was able to find was a couple of buttons and some camp lead.

Great finds!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice, that's the kind of site I enjoy detecting!  If any of thsoe are San Francisco minted, could be good news.

They were all New Orleans mint marks. I would love to find one with a San Francisco mark.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nice finds, they're all so close to the same date, maybe lost at the same time?

Possibly.... there was also a good bit of camp lead there also so it may be a small camp. We went back today to follow up on the site but the farmers had it freshly plowed. It will be after harvest now before I can get back in there.

8 minutes ago, DeltaDigger said:

They were all New Orleans mint marks. I would love to find one with a San Francisco mark.

I would imagine you do find Dahlonega minted coins out your way?  Perhaps akin to the Carson City issues out West?  

My hunt buddy found an 1849-D U.S. $5 gold coin at a trading post site we detected, and when he looked at the mint mark he muttered "Denver(?)" and to that I responded I don't think so, Denver mint didn't really exist until the turn of the 20th century....imagine our surprise when we googled it and found out it was from Dahlonega, Georgia!!

• Like 1

A gold coin of any kind would be exciting!  I have been to Dahlonega several times and have also visited the gold museum there. It is a neat little town.

• Like 1

Wow, how exciting.... 3 seated's in one hunt and I have yet to dig my first.

Congrats!!!!!!

• Like 1