Hello Everyone,

Wife knows i'm jonesn for some mining and she shows me this story. Many of you may already of heard about it but i felt it was worth sharing. sounds like something i'd do if i was rich.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/mexico-millionaire-lures-treasure-hunters-hidden-chest/story?id=30642375

AjR

• Like 2

Wow, that is some incentive for the young to get out there. I am a wee envious however, my Missus has got me making furniture.

That story about this guy and his treasure was in a back issues of Lost Treasure.

I guess that's one way to make money off the sale of his book. He could always go pick up the treasure.

This fits a joke.

This guy had loan a mule to a friend. One day he told the friend he wanted his mule back that he was going to raffle it off. The friend said I have bad news. That was the mule had died last night. The owner said I want my mule back anyway.The friend said you can't raffle off a dead mule. The owner said I sure can.

The owner of the mule had raffle tickets made. The friend ask will how did your raffle go.Well I sold 500 tickets at 2 dollars each. The cost of printing the tickets was 198.oo. What did the winner say went he found out that the mule was dead? Well he wanted his money back and I gave it back to him. With the cost of the tickets and giving his money back I still made 800.00

Maybe this treasure hunt could be the same HaHa

Chuck Anders

• Like 1

I went to Amazon to order the book the guy wrote about this treasure .Clues in the book to its location. Funny thing is, Amazon wanted $109 for a copy of this book, seemed awful steep to me? In the reviewers comments tho,I found a secret !! One of the reviews said the book was originally soldby a small bookstore in New Mexico,an gave the name. So, I Googled it and sure enough, PLUS the price was ONLY $35.00 + shipping !!! Amazon did NOT get my business that time...

-Tom, ps, the treasure is sposed to consist of gold coins, large gold nuggets, gems,and such and the author claims something like 35-50,000 people have searched for it so far...

• Like 1

Read a little more on this story yesterday. New mexico is promoting it as a tourist attraction and said they expect over 50,000  people to come search for the treasure in the coming year alone. Funny thing is no one knows for sure theres even a treasure out there. Would be the greatest hoax to pull, but hell, maybe not. Interested to see how it plays out.

AjR

I never was very good at solving riddles tho and there are 9 of them in the book.  I map dowsed for the spot but even so its WORSE than a needle in a haystack...the book is written in a VERY Homey style, much to my liking tho, and with photos dating back 40-70 years. Should be a collectors item in time.