GPZ 7000 Vs. GPX 5000

Hello Friends ?

Someone recommended me to start with a GPX 5000 for my Project. He said its not a big difference between a GPX 5000 and a GPZ 7000. So i have some questions, i hope you can help me.

Is it true that the GPZ can measure about 40 Percent deeper comparing to a GPX ? Is the GPZ really so much better that its worth to pay a higher price?

Which one of them would be easier to use for me, as a newbie? Is it smarter to start with a GPX or GPZ, what do you think? 

If i come in rainy wheather is it possible for the GPX to resist? Has he a IP64 code?

What about to buy a used one? I read that the older GPZs works sometimes better than the new ones, is this true? Is the newest software ( 31/7/17 NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE ) really always the optimized one?

Look here under the category FIND_BLOG, the same you can also find for the GPZ  http://www.minersden.com.au/minelab-gpx-5000-metal-detector-11-in-mono-coil-bonus-15-mono-coil  !  Are this just storys so that they sell the Detectors better or is this realistic? What do you think?

What is the different about the GPZ 14 coil is fully waterproof to 1 m (3 ft) and GPZ 19 Super-D Coil? Is one of them going more deep, or is it more sesitive?  What Coils do yu use with yur GPZ or GPX?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

For everybody who want to know more about my Project look here:

Neither detector is waterproof. The coils are water resistant to a  meter or so.

You didn't say what type of gold you are after. Big nuggets? Little 1/2 gram and smaller nuggets? Very fine gold?

Invisible gold?

A Equinox 600 or 800  a Goldbug or Whites may be all you need.

The 5000 is an excellent detector with many coils available.

The 7000 is my favorite and is the most expensive.

Think it over...Read Steve's recommendations and get back to us.

fred

• Like 1

The GPZ may outperform the GPX on certain gold types by a wide margin. It also can have issues with some ground types the GPX handles easily. For the majority of gold my personal opinion is they are in the same ballpark once you use the optional GPX coils to good effect. The GPX is the "safe" choice.

A used GPZ can be updated to the latest software. Beware used models - counterfeits are extremely common overseas.

One of my mates bought his second 7000 a few weeks ago. We did some testing against the 4500 using both the 11" and 14" coiltek elites coils. (not a lot of difference between a 4500 and a 5000 IMO)

We placed some test bits of gold in some mineralized ground and at another site with less mineralized ground. No matter what settings/timings I used I couldn't hear the small bits of gold that the 7000 could. We even tried cranking the 4500's gain to 15, stabilizer on 20 and audio set to boost. We also tried using sensitive extra and normal timings but it couldn't match the 7000 on the small gold.

On a larger bit of gold, I matched the 7000 but not using Enhance. Had to go to Normal timing and set the gain to 5. However, the 4500 was not really usable in the surrounding ground unless the gain was lowered to 1.

At Gain of 1, it still picked up the test bits but not as clear as Gain on 5 which i felt heard that bit as clear as the 7000. 

Obviously, testing like this is not the same as testing undug targets but unless one machine handles air tests better it seemed a reasonable way to compare machines.

From what I saw it made up my mind that its time to get rid of the 4500 and buy a7000.  

• Like 1

Hi Nenad, 0.27 gram was the small one. I dug a thin trench about 2" deep gradually getting deeper to around 10" deep. We moved the gold deeper until we felt the zed would recognize it as a target if we were detecting the area. 

Phrunt, my 4500 picked up the 0.27gram bit easily just nowhere as deep as the 7000 did. I think from memory i found this bit using the 18" Elite coil.

Erik,  Good questions.

It is hard for me to make a suggestion because I do not know your "Project" and I prefer to speak with my customers and learn the primary hunting style you plan on using it, and YES the TYPE OF GOLD.  So many people think gold is gold and yes it is usually yellow and heavy, but as others have said, certain types of gold respond best to select detector technologies and or machines.  If tiny bits of gold and or wire specimens, the VLF machines might be all you need to purchase?  If chasing a different kinds of gold in many states and regions I'll take a GPZ because of its raw power and depth.  You asked if it is actually 40% greater...I assure you.. I have specimen gold pieces with over an ounce of Au, my GPX won't touch it but 7000 will hear it 10" away.  If you did the math, it would be 100% deeper.

At Rye Patch, NV where I train customers, those who run the SDC-2300's and the GPZ-7000's have the best chance of finding gold.  In fact my last trip to Rye Patch in 2018 produced over an ounce of nuggets with my 7000 and the spots I pulled them from were the same patches I have been detecting with every Minelab made for 20+ years.

Now put me in tailing piles with trash and I will not recommend a GPZ-7000.

There is a reason the better nugget hunters have a variety of detector tools (more than one), so they have the best chance of Success no matter what kind of gold or terrain/situation they find themselves detecting.

If I can be of assistance, contact me direct please

Gerry's Metal Detectors.

Ger7Nov2018a.JPG

DSCN8752.JPG

• Like 3