Jump to content
stolik333

Help Select Deepest Detector For Search Relic

Recommended Posts

Hi all users DetectorProspector. I want to buy detector for relic ( roman silver/gold coins, celtic axes and middle ages relic) . Now I use Minelab Sovereign Elite, but in last 3- 4 month's not found nothing interesting (everywhere were before me) . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

Minelab GPX 5000
Whites TDI PRO/SL
Nexus Standart MP

or 50/50 choice

Blistool v6
Tarsacci mdt 8000
Minelab ctx3030

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for relic hunting? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blisstool looks nice, I have been eyeing one  myself but not sure on support. It does have better discrim because it is a vlf where the TDI and ML are pi's so if there is a lot of trash in the area you may be digging a lot.

Another option is a larger coil for your current detector. I sometimes run a Nel Big 17x15 on my AT Pro that gives me just about 50% more depth but it comes in at a cost where you need to sometimes fiddle with the GB (drop sensitivity then bring it back up after gb) and the weight. You almost need to run the coil at your feet or you will be pretty tired after a couple hours.

Back to the Blisstool, it seems there are no places here for service so if you buy the 3 coil package for $1500 you may be on your own if it fails. It is also uses 8Khz so you will probably miss small or thin gold where the TDI and ML will ring in good on them.

Bottom line is if you have low trash or don't mind digging the Whites or ML will work fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stolik333, I own a TDI SL SE and a GPX 5000.  Both are great detectors in my opinion but the GPX has found targets deeper than the White's for me on a couple of occasions.  I really like the TDI and actually prefer to use it due to it being so much lighter but if all I was concerned about were depth I would use the GPX.

Kac is correct about them too, they don't have discrimination so you'll be digging all signals and after you've dug a few 20 plus inch holes and only come up with trash that GPX seems heavier than it actually is!  I don't have any experience with the other detectors you listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will cut to the chase. If you want great depth and don’t mind digging junk three feet deep, go with the GPX 5000 and possibly a large accessory coil. It’s still the choice of relic hunters here in the worst ground.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be separation you need plus some good depth.

if your sites have lots of iron and or nails.  VLF detector best bet.

Vlf detectors like Minelab Equinox, Xp Deus, Nokta -Makro Kruzer or Anfibio.

Pulse induction detectors can’t discriminate ferrous/iron as deep as VLF.  But pulse induction units good for older sites with cleaner ground and are deeper than VLF detectors.

Be ready to pay more for a good pulse induction unit vs VLF detector unit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I will cut to the chase. If you want great depth and don’t mind digging junk three feet deep, go with the GPX 5000 and possibly a large accessory coil. It’s still the choice of relic hunters here in the worst ground.

And one heck of a beach machine too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes just a larger coil will get you where you want to go without breaking the bank. Nel big gets me to 18" or so and I had looked at the TDI and other machines and thinking as how good they might be, digging trash weighs heavier on my decision than swinging a 3lb coil once in a while. Majority of people that detect don't methodically make good passes on an area, have their gb out of whack and use stock coils. They tend to miss more than you realize. Last weeked was over a dozen guys out at the local beach and I thought they picked it dry with their pi's noktas and all the other machines they had. Many really good machines and in less than a 100 foot section I came up with a few bucks in nickels, quarters, dimes, couple pennies and a white gold ring. Right where their snail trails were and this was with my Tejon that isn't even a beach machine. I am not saying the Tejon is a better machine in those conditions, not in a long shot, just saying they were really sloppy.

Supposedly the Blisstool Beast v6 goes deeper than the GPX 5000 and it does have discrim but my concern is if the machine breaks then what?

I lot of times when I hit areas I will toss my machine into all metal mode then hit my discrim on to see what is what. All metal will get you deeper. 

Not sure the areas you plan on digging but around here a PI will be more work than it's worth . If it was the way to go then chances are 100 others ahead of you already tried.

More I dig in different areas the more I believe having a set of coils more specific for the location is the better option, ie small coil or concentric with small Rx for trashy areas, medium coil 12-13 dia for woods if not too cluttered and as big as you can go in the open fields.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stolik333 said:

Hi all users DetectorProspector. I want to buy detector for relic ( roman silver/gold coins, celtic axes and middle ages relic) . Now I use Minelab Sovereign Elite, but in last 3- 4 month's not found nothing interesting (everywhere were before me) . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

Minelab GPX 5000
Whites TDI PRO/SL
Nexus Standart MP

or 50/50 choice

Blistool v6
Tarsacci mdt 8000
Minelab ctx3030

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for relic hunting? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

You may find this info here helpful.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, kac said:

Blisstool looks nice, I have been eyeing one  myself but not sure on support. It does have better discrim because it is a vlf where the TDI and ML are pi's so if there is a lot of trash in the area you may be digging a lot.

Another option is a larger coil for your current detector. I sometimes run a Nel Big 17x15 on my AT Pro that gives me just about 50% more depth but it comes in at a cost where you need to sometimes fiddle with the GB (drop sensitivity then bring it back up after gb) and the weight. You almost need to run the coil at your feet or you will be pretty tired after a couple hours.

Back to the Blisstool, it seems there are no places here for service so if you buy the 3 coil package for $1500 you may be on your own if it fails. It is also uses 8Khz so you will probably miss small or thin gold where the TDI and ML will ring in good on them.

Bottom line is if you have low trash or don't mind digging the Whites or ML will work fine.

Thanks to answer.   Blisstool good  detector but I have one field with  heavy soil , and I dont  can search info how blisstool work on heavy soil.  With my Sovereign I use Detech SEF 21x17"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Againstmywill
      I found this at the same place the 1899 Barber Dime came from, the old farm where I grew up in Wisconsin. It appears to be brass, and the thin strip of metal makes a "bwonggg" sound when plucked. Any guesses?






    • By Steve Herschbach
      How many of you have a non-human prospecting or detecting buddy? Dog, cat, burro, reconnaissance bird... whatever. Post a pic and tell us about them. Here is  chance to brag about our best friends! 
    • By Hard Prospector
      Well my Sand Shark is about finished so time to shop for a new dedicated (salt water ) beach detector. This machine will be dedicated to wet sand and/or surf only environment. Currently considering the ATX and TDIBH,, any suggestions / input would be appreciated.............Thanks!
      Rob
    • By alaskaseeker
      Anyone hunting near Bristol this August?
    • By phrunt
      Fancy an Equinox 800 for $200 USD?  Look no further, you can now buy a proper Chinese version!
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/FOR-ORIGINAL-Minelab-EQUINOX-800-Multi_62008021393.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.1.16ae2ca3PKFzyf

       
      It looks like they've now made Fake Gold Monsters too, Mine Lab ones 🙂, it really never ends does it, now people even have to be careful buying a trusty GM1000 😞
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Free-delivery-Mine-lab-Monster-1000_62008484260.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.65.65a64b7bZJj1LY
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Free-delivery-Mine-lab-Monster-1000_62005126905.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.5.24731acb4KLyVb

       
       
      And the Mine Lab SDC 🙂 I guess Mine lab is safe to use but Minelab isn't.
      https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Sales-Offer-For-SDC-2300_62004764388.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.5.387b3d13u1Bcdv

       
      And to top it off they sell a detector more expensive than the GPZ!  The high performance Titan Ger 1000! $14,500 USD!!!

      https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Titan-Ger-1000-underground-gold-metal_50039522139.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.116.65a64b7bZJj1LY
      I think the lesson to be learnt from this is to buy from Authorized Dealers, and if buying second hand, try verify it's authenticity with original receipts or any way you can.
      😞
       
    • By Jin
      I read a lot of old mining reports or literature relating to the 1850"s - 1870"s when most of the better gold was won. Sometimes I come across information that is really exciting as you know with cross referencing little was mentioned elsewhere about these finds (nuggets - big nuggets!!) So hopefully few people if any have prospected there.
      The only problem is these areas are often almost impenetrable. There either so steep you can barely walk or so over grown trying to get into the area is almost impossible. My biggest fear in these situations is not getting lost but getting bitten by a snake many miles from help. Some of the tiger snakes here even climb trees or lay in the ferns at head height. Which only leaves the winter time to venture in. however during winter the snow is likely going to be a problem. It's really a month or two window of opportunity each year were you have a chance at getting in. 
      Anyway I've got one gully id like to try (many miles away from any gold workings/activity) but im pretty sure its overgrown with blackberries. I recon it would take a a good mile to even get into this gully from a nearby road. Not to mention hacking away at the blackberries with a machete.
      Ive located several areas like this and usually wait for a bush fire or controlled burn to clear the spot but sometimes this dosnt happen. 
      It almost feels like one has to start looking in areas like this where most rational folk would dare to venture to find areas that haven't had lots of attention these days. Sometimes i wish id chosen another hobby, lol
      (Note: I carry a PLB, two way radio, mobile, snake bite kit, lighter, whistle, compass, 2 ltrs water, GPS & spare batteries and sometimes a lever action shotgun for wild dogs. I always communicate exactly where im going and have regular check ins.)  
       
×
×
  • Create New...