Help Select Deepest Detector For Search Relic

Hi all users DetectorProspector. I want to buy detector for relic ( roman silver/gold coins, celtic axes and middle ages relic) . Now I use Minelab Sovereign Elite, but in last 3- 4 month's not found nothing interesting (everywhere were before me) . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

Minelab GPX 5000
Whites TDI PRO/SL
Nexus Standart MP

or 50/50 choice

Blistool v6
Tarsacci mdt 8000
Minelab ctx3030

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for relic hunting? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

Blisstool looks nice, I have been eyeing one  myself but not sure on support. It does have better discrim because it is a vlf where the TDI and ML are pi's so if there is a lot of trash in the area you may be digging a lot.

Another option is a larger coil for your current detector. I sometimes run a Nel Big 17x15 on my AT Pro that gives me just about 50% more depth but it comes in at a cost where you need to sometimes fiddle with the GB (drop sensitivity then bring it back up after gb) and the weight. You almost need to run the coil at your feet or you will be pretty tired after a couple hours.

Back to the Blisstool, it seems there are no places here for service so if you buy the 3 coil package for $1500 you may be on your own if it fails. It is also uses 8Khz so you will probably miss small or thin gold where the TDI and ML will ring in good on them.

Bottom line is if you have low trash or don't mind digging the Whites or ML will work fine.

Stolik333, I own a TDI SL SE and a GPX 5000.  Both are great detectors in my opinion but the GPX has found targets deeper than the White's for me on a couple of occasions.  I really like the TDI and actually prefer to use it due to it being so much lighter but if all I was concerned about were depth I would use the GPX.

Kac is correct about them too, they don't have discrimination so you'll be digging all signals and after you've dug a few 20 plus inch holes and only come up with trash that GPX seems heavier than it actually is!  I don't have any experience with the other detectors you listed.

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I will cut to the chase. If you want great depth and don’t mind digging junk three feet deep, go with the GPX 5000 and possibly a large accessory coil. It’s still the choice of relic hunters here in the worst ground.

And one heck of a beach machine too.

• Like 2

Sometimes just a larger coil will get you where you want to go without breaking the bank. Nel big gets me to 18" or so and I had looked at the TDI and other machines and thinking as how good they might be, digging trash weighs heavier on my decision than swinging a 3lb coil once in a while. Majority of people that detect don't methodically make good passes on an area, have their gb out of whack and use stock coils. They tend to miss more than you realize. Last weeked was over a dozen guys out at the local beach and I thought they picked it dry with their pi's noktas and all the other machines they had. Many really good machines and in less than a 100 foot section I came up with a few bucks in nickels, quarters, dimes, couple pennies and a white gold ring. Right where their snail trails were and this was with my Tejon that isn't even a beach machine. I am not saying the Tejon is a better machine in those conditions, not in a long shot, just saying they were really sloppy.

Supposedly the Blisstool Beast v6 goes deeper than the GPX 5000 and it does have discrim but my concern is if the machine breaks then what?

I lot of times when I hit areas I will toss my machine into all metal mode then hit my discrim on to see what is what. All metal will get you deeper. 

Not sure the areas you plan on digging but around here a PI will be more work than it's worth . If it was the way to go then chances are 100 others ahead of you already tried.

More I dig in different areas the more I believe having a set of coils more specific for the location is the better option, ie small coil or concentric with small Rx for trashy areas, medium coil 12-13 dia for woods if not too cluttered and as big as you can go in the open fields.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, kac said:

Blisstool looks nice, I have been eyeing one  myself but not sure on support. It does have better discrim because it is a vlf where the TDI and ML are pi's so if there is a lot of trash in the area you may be digging a lot.

Another option is a larger coil for your current detector. I sometimes run a Nel Big 17x15 on my AT Pro that gives me just about 50% more depth but it comes in at a cost where you need to sometimes fiddle with the GB (drop sensitivity then bring it back up after gb) and the weight. You almost need to run the coil at your feet or you will be pretty tired after a couple hours.

Back to the Blisstool, it seems there are no places here for service so if you buy the 3 coil package for $1500 you may be on your own if it fails. It is also uses 8Khz so you will probably miss small or thin gold where the TDI and ML will ring in good on them.

Bottom line is if you have low trash or don't mind digging the Whites or ML will work fine.

Thanks to answer.   Blisstool good  detector but I have one field with  heavy soil , and I dont  can search info how blisstool work on heavy soil.  With my Sovereign I use Detech SEF 21x17"  

On 3/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, AllenJ said:

Stolik333, I own a TDI SL SE and a GPX 5000.  Both are great detectors in my opinion but the GPX has found targets deeper than the White's for me on a couple of occasions.  I really like the TDI and actually prefer to use it due to it being so much lighter but if all I was concerned about were depth I would use the GPX.

Kac is correct about them too, they don't have discrimination so you'll be digging all signals and after you've dug a few 20 plus inch holes and only come up with trash that GPX seems heavier than it actually is!  I don't have any experience with the other detectors you listed.

Thanks to answer

On 3/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I will cut to the chase. If you want great depth and don’t mind digging junk three feet deep, go with the GPX 5000 and possibly a large accessory coil. It’s still the choice of relic hunters here in the worst ground.

Thanks

On 3/22/2019 at 4:40 AM, kac said:

Sometimes just a larger coil will get you where you want to go without breaking the bank. Nel big gets me to 18" or so and I had looked at the TDI and other machines and thinking as how good they might be, digging trash weighs heavier on my decision than swinging a 3lb coil once in a while. Majority of people that detect don't methodically make good passes on an area, have their gb out of whack and use stock coils. They tend to miss more than you realize. Last weeked was over a dozen guys out at the local beach and I thought they picked it dry with their pi's noktas and all the other machines they had. Many really good machines and in less than a 100 foot section I came up with a few bucks in nickels, quarters, dimes, couple pennies and a white gold ring. Right where their snail trails were and this was with my Tejon that isn't even a beach machine. I am not saying the Tejon is a better machine in those conditions, not in a long shot, just saying they were really sloppy.

Supposedly the Blisstool Beast v6 goes deeper than the GPX 5000 and it does have discrim but my concern is if the machine breaks then what?

I lot of times when I hit areas I will toss my machine into all metal mode then hit my discrim on to see what is what. All metal will get you deeper. 

Not sure the areas you plan on digging but around here a PI will be more work than it's worth . If it was the way to go then chances are 100 others ahead of you already tried.

More I dig in different areas the more I believe having a set of coils more specific for the location is the better option, ie small coil or concentric with small Rx for trashy areas, medium coil 12-13 dia for woods if not too cluttered and as big as you can go in the open fields.

Thanks