Help Select Detector For Search Thin Gold

Hi all users DetectorProspector.. I want to buy detector for thin gold jewelry : chain, earrings (underwater search) . Now I use Tesoro Compadre but not enough depth . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level with high frequency. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

GoldenMask One 24
Deeptech Vista Gold / Gold Gain
Whites TDI Beach Hunter

or Yours alternative's. 

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for thin jewelry? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

If you do mean detecting in saltwater a Minelab Equinox is about as good as you will get for small gold jewelry. There is a limit to what can be done in saltwater since small gold and saltwater signals are the same at a certain point.

The only serious alternative on the horizon that might do better is the new Fisher Impulse AQ.

In freshwater the new Nokta/Makro Gold Kruzer is a machine I like, waterproof and very hot on small gold. Too hot for saltwater though.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

If you do mean detecting in saltwater a Minelab Equinox is about as good as you will get for small gold jewelry. There is a limit to what can be done in saltwater since small gold and saltwater signals are the same at a certain point.

The only serious alternative on the horizon that might do better is the new Fisher Impulse AQ.

In freshwater the new Nokta/Makro Gold Kruzer is a machine I like, waterproof and very hot on small gold. Too hot for saltwater though.

Hi Steve. Thanks to answer. In salt water I'll be seldom . Most of them are freshwater lakes and rivers.  For example, my Compadre can "see" gold cloves earrings ( weight 0.3gr)  at 2 -3 inches, I want detector which can see at 5-8 inch or better)))

P.S. Turkish detectors I dont want, becose I owned Makro Racer 2 and this detector were terrible. ( he is not detect coin on edge close up !!! at  coil

My Racer 2 was great. Sorry to hear about yours.

Unfortunately wanting great depth on very thin and tiny stuff is not the same as being able to get it. You could try a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 or White’s Goldmaster 24K. If money is no object the Minelab SDC 2300 is the machine of choice for many people wanting maximum performance on small gold.

Gold Nugget Detector Guide

• Like 1