White Gold Question

When I wore a platinum wedding band I didn’t care for the way it looked after awhile. When scratched, it kind of reminded me of steel pipe or tarnished S.S.

May be Platinum. Hard to tell. Cool ring, good luck!

VDI for gold, platinum and even silver varies by size, shape and alloy.  They can read anywhere between iron and silver coins.  

Its definitely worth investing in an inexpensive acid test kit.  Makes it super easy to verify precious metal alloys.  Just be sure to find a place on the item to “scratch” deeply as quality plated items have a thick plating and can test positive if you don’t reach the base metal.  

Either way its a nice ring!!  

I know it isn't plated, I've done plating and this being in the salt the smallest scratch it would have bubbled. Way too heavy to be aluminum or silver. Kit should be here end of week or early next month or when Amazon decides to torture me on delivery to try to entice me to waste $100 a year for their stupid prime ?

Update on the ring, did an acid test for 10k gold and nothing dissolved, tried the platinum and the line dissolved so guess the ring is platinum. Using the loupe that came with the kit I took a good look at the diamonds and they don't seem to be refracting light just reflecting and there is some contaminants in them so they could be real!

Next step is to find a jeweler and get a worth tossed on it. 

Amazing what I thought was a junk ring might be worth some serious $$$

• Like 2