Fisher Impulse AQ Video - Zpt® Zero Pressure Technology

Explanation of new coil mounting system on the new Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology" Official Fisher video.

Fisher Impulse AQ Detector Data & User Reviews

fisher-impulse-aq-zero-pressure-technology-zpt.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology"

fisher-impulse-aq-zero-pressure-technology-zpt-details.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology" detail image

• 9 months later...

I'm wonder how the "AQ" will do at the edge where the rough water and wet sand meet. A very abrasive area, as far as the coil to shaft fittings....That's a lot of contact points for sand to get in and wear. A problem once in the saltwater also....... specially when a person hunts over a thousand hours a year, like Dew. Me, the "AQ" won't be my number one for I plan on using the excalibur to locate area's of interest, then go in with the "AQ" and dig all. So the "AQ" maybe looking at 400 hours use a year for me. So how is this ...Zero Pressure Technology.....going to hold up? I'm looking at it and thinking sand..composite material....Mixed....problems in time. 

• Like 2

I am a design engineer. Spontaneously I can say it is a good and robust design to attach the coil to the shaft.There is no point of failur in the design itself but as OBN says the game changes when you work in saltwater and sand for an amount of time.I am more concern about the thickness of the coil(it is thick!!) and drag resistance in the water.Is there any coil cover? I hav'nt seen benethe the coil if the epoxy is exposed or if its covered.any idea?

• Like 1

Does the Anti Rotation Mechanism lock the coil in place....if so, then any wear/abrasion should be minimal ?

I’m looking at the small notched red male parts and notched female part of the coil bracket. Looks promising 👍

Excessive coil movement would probably override the design but if it offers good resistance then that should be sufficient.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about plan "B"... If it fails over time, how about a long nylon bolt or a couple short ones with rubber washers similar to what is being used on most of the coils now?

• Like 1