Steve Herschbach

Fisher Impulse AQ Video - Zpt® Zero Pressure Technology

Explanation of new coil mounting system on the new Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology" Official Fisher video.

Fisher Impulse AQ Detector Data & User Reviews

fisher-impulse-aq-zero-pressure-technology-zpt.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology"

fisher-impulse-aq-zero-pressure-technology-zpt-details.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ ZPT® "Zero Pressure Technology" detail image

Time to bump to the top. I’ve replaced the old videos in the original posts with the latest versions supplied by Alexandre. 👍🏼

• Like 2

I'm wonder how the "AQ" will do at the edge where the rough water and wet sand meet. A very abrasive area, as far as the coil to shaft fittings....That's a lot of contact points for sand to get in and wear. A problem once in the saltwater also....... specially when a person hunts over a thousand hours a year, like Dew. Me, the "AQ" won't be my number one for I plan on using the excalibur to locate area's of interest, then go in with the "AQ" and dig all. So the "AQ" maybe looking at 400 hours use a year for me. So how is this ...Zero Pressure Technology.....going to hold up? I'm looking at it and thinking sand..composite material....Mixed....problems in time. 

• Like 2

I am a design engineer. Spontaneously I can say it is a good and robust design to attach the coil to the shaft.There is no point of failur in the design itself but as OBN says the game changes when you work in saltwater and sand for an amount of time.I am more concern about the thickness of the coil(it is thick!!) and drag resistance in the water.Is there any coil cover? I hav'nt seen benethe the coil if the epoxy is exposed or if its covered.any idea?

• Like 1

Does the Anti Rotation Mechanism lock the coil in place....if so, then any wear/abrasion should be minimal ?

I’m looking at the small notched red male parts and notched female part of the coil bracket. Looks promising 👍

Excessive coil movement would probably override the design but if it offers good resistance then that should be sufficient.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about plan "B"... If it fails over time, how about a long nylon bolt or a couple short ones with rubber washers similar to what is being used on most of the coils now?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      Fisher Impulse AQ Data & Reviews
      Not everyone needs to wait for reports from others to decide they want a new detector. Me, I take a look at the specs, and if it appears to have what I want I get it and give it a spin. I'm jaded enough to know that any new detector will not be radically different than anything I have already used for years, and in that I am rarely disappointed. I'm mainly after better ergonomics that performs up to levels I am used to, that's all. I've been bitching for a detector like the Impulse AQ for years, and at 4.2 lbs and I assume in the right price ballpark I'm all in for getting one as soon as I can lay hands on one. As a buyer, not as a tester/reviewer. The Impulse AQ will be a radical improvement over my long departed 7 lb Garrett ATX.
      Is there anyone else with enough faith in this detector to buy one without needing a bunch of user reviews? I'm just curious who the innovators and early adopters out there might be?

• By Dances With Doves
      how is the mineral content in lake tahoe. Is it bad?I   heard that the land on that lake is highest price in country.Canandaiugua lake by me is  second so I hear.Canandaigua is where Susan b Anthony had her trial. I found a steamer tag 1865-1889 from a ship by that name that I think burnt.

• By Steve Herschbach
      With thanks to PPP, here is the new official Fisher Impulse AQ Facebook page:
      https://www.facebook.com/FisherLabs-Impulse-AQ-Metal-detector-101853481468095/

And phrunt found this:
      https://fisher-impulse.com/
      Registrant:
      Organization: FIRST TEXAS PRODUCT Presumably we will see the first full announcement information on the Facebook page since that is how things seem to be done these days. Interesting there has been no mention of the main Fisher company Facebook page.
    • By Steve Herschbach
      With the exception of the battery cable sticking out the back I really like the look of this detector. And after swinging a 7 lb Garrett ATX this 4.2 lbs of well balanced detector is going to seem like a dream on my arm. I ditched both my ATX and my 7.2 lb Minelab GPZ 7000 a couple years ago in a fit of passive-aggressive protest over those heavy beasts, and swore not to buy another pulse machine until somebody made something more in line with the ergonomics I desired. The Impulse AQ tips the scales at a little over 4 lbs, but that is largely because of the 12" round coil. A smaller coil is a distinct possibility, as is the ability to belt mount the battery. That's the benefit of that funny looking battery cable arrangement - external batteries. In any case, good enough for me and a huge improvement of what I'm used to. The price remains to be seen, but it has a good chance at coming in under $2000, making the new Fisher Impulse AQ one of the best contenders so far in my Under 4 lb, Under $2K Challenge

Fisher Impulse AQ discriminating pulse induction metal detector
    • By Bill (S. CA)
      Hey Rick, heard anything more from El Paso as to their return to work?
      Bill

• By fredmason
      I may have missed this issue..you know I am not very smart.
      will the prospecting, nugget finding version be wireless?
       I could not, would not buy another detector that doesn’t have a module.
      thanks
      fred