Fisher Impulse AQ Video - Zts® Zero Target Separation

• 3 weeks later...

Umm the ring was on top of the nails...like so what,, and why do people always use brand new nails when they do the nail board test? I have yet to find a brand new nail while out detecting lol

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The way it screams on gold I like it! Hope they will market a nugget detector to, I would love it when it would scream on a nugget in high mineralised ground! Just let that baby scream and I will be a happy man!

• Like 2

In the original nail board test, Monte never put the target under the nails - the test showed how well a detector with discrimination can reveal a high conductor target (an Indian head penny) in proximity to nails and dependent on direction of coil sweep.  Monte used new nails so that the test could be performed by others under the same controlled conditions.

There are lots of tests with gold rings under nails also - here’s a long video which I have linked to before which shows various tests.

• Like 3

Not to be to critical but nothing new, my White's TDI SL does the same thing.  In fact, I found the heaviest gold ring ever using the same technic while hunting carpet of nails.

• Like 1

I've seen that video before which made me wonder why they showed the test with the ring on top. Interesting detector...it does resemble my TDI in a lot of ways. I'll be watching closely but  doubt I'll be getting one unless it is significantly better then the TDI. 

strick  

• Like 1

I will add one thing.  If 1st Texas had released this machine 3 years ago it would have been more of a success, to little to late.  

Now I'm sure the reason White's made a waterproof version of the TDI stemmed from the Manta video and realizing that someone would snatch onto this machine.  Now that being said, if they, or someone can develop a PI machine that can do the nail trick with a silver coin, it will have a better chance of cornering the market.  By what I've been told by engineers over the years, making a true PI machine with iron discrimination and I mean a PI that can discriminate iron and still respond to silver coins would be close to impossible. 

You are likely right about the coin Mark.

I suspect however, that you are likely wrong about the Impulse AQ being too late.  Here’s my thought on that.  If it turns out that the statements which LE.JAG and others have made about depth on targets large and small and the quiet operation over all kinds of beaches which they have described is really there, then it will show quickly in the experiences of early users.

If that sort of user experience doesn’t materialize, then it will be a problem.  If it does however, it will be a case of “I hope you get one before your hunting buddies do”!

Mind you - I am talking strictly about gold at the beach.

What can be done about PI’s inland in terms of making good on the promise which the TDI never quite delivered on - that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

You are likely right about the coin Mark.

I suspect however, that you are likely wrong about the Impulse AQ being too late.  Here’s my thought on that.  If it turns out that the statements which LE.JAG and others have made about depth on targets large and small and the quiet operation over all kinds of beaches which they have described is really there, then it will show quickly in the experiences of early users.

If that sort of user experience doesn’t materialize, then it will be a problem.  If it does however, it will be a case of “I hope you get one before your hunting buddies do”!

Mind you - I am talking strictly about gold at the beach.

What can be done about PI’s inland in terms of making good on the promise which the TDI never quite delivered on - that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

Very valid points you have there.  The quicker pulse delay will be a game changer if...... like you say it delivers the quieter/deeper detection of beaches for lost gold.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...