Equinox 600 And Bluetooth

andy g

hi all 

has anyone had trouble  with pairing the 600 with aftermarket headphones  i ordered a pair of low latency  aptx  bluetooth  head phones  which paired fine but just made a crackling  sound so tried some cheaper ones i had in the house  and none of them paired at all so went back to crawfords  who tried the tronds on another 600 and the same again  and  tried pairing  the other phones i took  still would not pair on the  shop 600 only phones that paired and worked  fine were the mindlab ones so had to buy them  so was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with after market  headphones even tried a pair of £200 beats  headphones from the guy across the road and  again they paired  but no sound just a  faint crackling sound could be heard  the guy in crawfords was very helpful and is going to contact  minelab    and ask them about it  so if anyone has had this problem to i would like to hear from  you 

regards   

andy 

No, I have not had any problem pairing aftermarket headphones. Bluetooth is Bluetooth. There is nothing special about the Minelab phones. They are in fact aftermarket phones with the Minelab logo on them.

Are you doing a full factory reset to clear the machine between trying different headphones?

Prior thread on same subject....

hi steve 

yes we tried  on both 600s mine  which is only a a couple of weeks old and a demo  600 in the shop  was the same   out come like you said bluetooth  is bluetooth  but it was  the same on both 600s the  trond headphones   pairied with both  but getting a crackling sound  and my other cheap head phones would not pair with mine or the shop 600  so very strange thank you for the reply 

andy 

The key might be “cheap headphones”. Just a reminder... even on Amazon for quite some time counterfeits were common. They have been trying to clean it up but they give space to third party outfits and not all can be trusted.

Bottom line I suspect your headphones more than the detector. 

hi phrunt 

the trond headphones   are low latency as the plus sign shows up on the 600 screen  so if they were just bluetooth  you only get the bluetooth sign  and the tronds are  ll aptx  4.2 what  is says are ok   in the instructions  but  saying that i think  the minelab ones are 4.1  so maybe that is  the problem  can only use 4.1 LL phones  thanks for the info 

andy 

9 hours ago, andy g said:

hi phrunt 

the trond headphones   are low latency as the plus sign shows up on the 600 screen  so if they were just bluetooth  you only get the bluetooth sign  and the tronds are  ll aptx  4.2 what  is says are ok   in the instructions  but  saying that i think  the minelab ones are 4.1  so maybe that is  the problem  can only use 4.1 LL phones  thanks for the info 

andy 

I have successfully paired APTX LL phones using BT 4.1, 4.2 and 5.0 with the Equinox and have not experienced any scratchy audio problems.

I am having the same issue. I have ordered three sets of headphones and all of them pair to the Nox but I get a crackling sound when swinging the machine. I have an old pair of non-aptx-ll headphones that worked fine but they quit taking a charge. A co-worker let me borrow his Lg Tone Pros and they seen to work pretty good but from time to time I still get the scratchy audio. 

I emailed Minelab and they just told me to try and find somebody that has the factory headphones to test mine with. The problem is that I don't know anyone that has those headphones so I have know easy to check it.