Equinox 600 And Bluetooth

andy g

After you have initially paired the phones and then have turned off the machine and phones., what sequence do you go through when you turn the machine on again?  I usually turn on the phones then turn on the machine, let it go through its initialization process and wait for the phones to reconnect, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to up to 30 seconds for the previously paired phones to reconnect (and for subsequent reconnection sessions, you should not have to press the radio button again (putting the EQ in pairing mode) or put the phones in pairing mode after the initial successful pairing unless the machine has been reset or another set of phones have been paired).  Try varying the sequence of turning the phones on first or the EQ on first to se which provides a more consistent and reliable re-connection sequence.  Also, update to the latest firmware if you haven't already done so.  I may be imagining things, but my phones seem to reconnect a little faster now.  Also, make sure the bt phones are not attempting to pair with your cell phone or other nearby bt devices.

If you still can't seem to reliably re-connect the phones after successful pairing, you should call ML.

HTH.

I've tried it both ways, its very inconsistent to the point I can't tell which way will work, 90% of the time I have to do multiple multiple on/off    sequences before it re-connects ... Im going to call ML in the AM... 

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

17 hours ago, castleberry said:

Dang,

Well... did a factory reset and back to not pairing .. this should not be so difficult..

Ok, now your describing my exact situation. I can sometimes get them to pair, most of the time not.

Edit to add I assume the equinox is fine, as it always pairs right away with the minelab headphones.

Its weird, and cant be the way its supposed to work .. I can get mine to re-connect like every 3-10 time I power both off, sequence makes no difference it seems... Works good once it reconnects ... I have a call into ML, had to leave vice mail .. Will report back once I get more info.

I bought a pair of Mpow Bluetooth 4.2 w/ aptx LL and they paired up ok but even though the buds are described as aptx LL they were not, no + after the BT symbol and I could hear the lag. So those go back and I have coming today a pair of BT headphones that have same specs as the minelab ones but cheaper ( not miccus or trond but Onesound. )

will see later if these pair ok and work ok 

Well I successfully paired the new phones which are called OneAudio A 61

work as well as the factory supplied ones 

they automatically paired-up after turning everything off and then on again. 

They are definitely aptx LL 

i have ave to wholeheartedly recommend the to anyone who needs a pair. At Amazon, they are $49.00 but there’s an instant discount of 60 percent, so I paid $22 for these. Can you go wrong? I don’t think so😆

C2FC7E8A-8569-4CA1-93AC-D4C2F136B2A5.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My headphones pair every time but the sequence is finicky. I turn on the detector and in a couple seconds it beeps, and at that exact moment I turn on my headphones, and they pair right up. I am using the ML 80 phones that come with the Equinox. I always completely power down the headphones when not in use and so they are powering up. Anything outside that exact sequence and they may not pair but I’ve got it down pat. I think some issues come from people confusing the standby mode and power off modes and things getting messed up as a result of that. For me just getting in the habit of full power down (long press headphone power button until descending tune produced) when done detecting then the power up sequence as described works 100% of the time and is almost instantaneous.

Walking too far away from the detector with headphones on breaks the connection and the phones drop into standby. They do not reliably reconnect from standby in my experience, so much so I make sure when I walk away from the detector for some reason I take the headphones off and leave them with the detector. Long story short is I have found standby mode to be problematic so I avoid it, and have no issues as a result.

For those that do not know it the ML 80 phone has a reset function...

ML 80 Factory Reset
Factory Reset will return the headphones to factory presets, and will unpair all paired wireless devices.
1. Turn the headphones off.
2. Press and hold the Multi-Function button for approximately 10 seconds, until the headphones beep twice and the Status LED flashes pink.
3. Release the button. The headphones will now be in pairing mode with the LED indicator flashing blue and red.

• Like 1