Equinox 600 And Bluetooth

andy g

It may also be the 15 seconds lag time while it tries to find the ML80 audio module first that is giving people trouble. After 15 seconds it will try and find a Bluetooth headphone for 5 minutes. I paired mind by pressing the Bluetooth button on the 600 then waiting a 15 sec countdown and turning pair on my headphones. They synced right up in LL mode

• 1 month later...

13 minutes ago, Foundingfather1776 said:

It seems to be the earphones...  I tried Atomicx W203 and had no luck....  So tried MPOW D9 and they paired in under 1 min..  If you want some nice cheapies that last all day the D9's work good and seem to be pretty fast... They come in a nice clamshell case.

The product description says APTX but does not come right out and say it supports APTX LL, can you confirm that the BT + sign symbol shows up on the Equinox when paired with the MPOW.  Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for a solution to the cheap earbuds connecting to the Nox and I came across this article on resetting them. May or may not help. https://support.e-use.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000132605-The-Headphone-How-do-I-reset-the-memory-of-paired-devices-?mobile_site=true

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, Chase Goldman said:

The product description says APTX but does not come right out and say it supports APTX LL, can you confirm that the BT + sign symbol shows up on the Equinox when paired with the MPOW.  Thanks.

I ordered the MPOW D9 and cannot get them to (+). Trying for two days now. Got ahold of MPOW, waiting for reply. Not exactly sure it isn't my 600 that's being difficult. Would test but all my other BT speakers and phone are not APTX.

PHOTO_20200308_234436.jpg

11 hours ago, justinberry said:

I ordered the MPOW D9 and cannot get them to (+). Trying for two days now. Got ahold of MPOW, waiting for reply. Not exactly sure it isn't my 600 that's being difficult. Would test but all my other BT speakers and phone are not APTX.

If it pairs up at all, then it's not your detector, the lack of a plus sign definitively means the D9 is not flashed with APTX LL, as I feared (just plain Vanilla APTX or some other non LL APTX variant, like APTX HD).  That's why I specifically asked the + sign question of drive-by poster FoundingFather1776, who never re-visited the site after posting.  See if MPOW has a firmware update to get the D9 to APTX LL.  If not, you are out of luck and you should return them unless you want to use them for other purposes than detecting.  I too have run into ambiguously worded specs by MPOW and received a non APTX LL set of headphones purported to be low latency.

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

If it pairs up at all, then it's not your detector, the lack of a plus sign definitively means the D9 is not flashed with APTX LL, as I feared (just plain Vanilla APTX or some other non LL APTX variant, like APTX HD).  That's why I specifically asked the + sign question of drive-by poster FoundingFather1776, who never re-visited the site after posting.  See if MPOW has a firmware update to get the D9 to APTX LL.  If not, you are out of luck and you should return them unless you want to use them for other purposes than detecting.  I too have run into ambiguously worded specs by MPOW and received a non APTX LL set of headphones purported to be low latency.

Went and tried it yesterday with just Bluetooth and it was horrible, lagging and fantom humming signals. The manufacturer is on China time so communication is gonna be drawn out and strenuous but on the plus side, in my experience, they always refund without having to return. Oh well, back to researching ear buds/phone's. Thanks for the info. I bet foundingfather is the U.S. shipper of the MPOW why I got it so fast.

I’ve been using my Sennheiser CX6.00 for a year or more now and they are great.  Battery is good for around 5+hours and they are the low latency version(+ sign).  Not sure on their waterproof rating but I’ve got them as sweaty as ever and haven’t had any moisture problems. I believe they are close to $100 retail but can usually be found for less at the usual online sales spots(amazon, ebay, etc...)

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, justinberry said:

Well, no luck that route 😂

Screenshot_20200310-115527.png

2 hours ago, justinberry said:

Well, no luck that route 😂

Screenshot_20200310-115527.png

That’s pretty crappy. Seems that they could easily tell you if a different firmware was available that supports the LL.  Unfortunately many of these “name brand” headphones these days are manufactured by a separate company and they just add their name/branding to the product.  That’s probably what is going on with these.