Equinox 600 And Bluetooth

andy g

I've used trond on early 2018 equinox with no issues.  I currently have a jan 2019 nox 600 and same trond headphones wont pair.  one time they did pair when i was pairing them to my cell at same time and was crackly audio.  tried to repair cleanly again and wont pair.  works great otherwise on other devices no issues.  I suspect minelab changed their radio/chipset for headphones.

• 3 months later...

Fighting this issue here, have tried everything. Have a good pair of APtx-LL buds, they pair perfectly with everything else, but no bluetooth buds or speakers I have will pair with the 600. Tried the old software version, many FP resets, still no joy, plan to call Minelabs tomorrow unless I get the magic tip that makes it work.

Thanks.. Brian

Report back what you hear. I have one set of ear buds that will only pair now and then on my 800. The rest of the time it just wont pair. My other headphones pair fine.

Lacky,

Ended up sending the buds back and emailing Minelab .. Response as follows

We cannot qualify each implementation of A2DP and aptX-LL codecs on 3rd party headphones and it is the responsibility of the 3rd party headphone manufacturer to implement these correctly if they are specifying these codecs as a feature.

Reasonable statement as they cant test them all ...

And

The EQUINOX Series is compatible with both A2DP and aptX Low Latency audio codecs. We have not encountered pairing or connection concerns with ‘big-brand’ or well-known headphone manufacturers.

So going to try some from a "big-brand" vs the CHICOM stuff on amazon ... Will report back 

Cheers

Brian 

• Thanks 1

So just ordered these

Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless in-Ear Headphones

Im assuming they should be "Big-brand" "Well Known manufacturer" enough and there are many posts of different forums of these  working well with 600's

Fingers crossed

Brian 

I haven't used those, but I know and love Sennheiser headphones. You won't be disappointed with the sound quality at least!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 9:13 AM, castleberry said:

So just ordered these

Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless in-Ear Headphones

Im assuming they should be "Big-brand" "Well Known manufacturer" enough and there are many posts of different forums of these  working well with 600's

Fingers crossed

Brian 

Well these do not pair either.. now to convince Minelabs support that my unit is faulty.

WEll, blow me down, they just now paired ... 

Chase,

Going exactly by the manual... Very iffy, just had it paired again, turn off both units then back on and it does not reconnect ... Do a factory reset and pair per the manual and it will after several attempts pair again, but when I turn things back off Im back to not connecting .