Recall many years back when I lived in town, bank managers house was opposite ours, new bank manager knocked on the door all excited had a snake in the shed, have I a gun. Said I`ll have a look and sure enough was a small carpet, told him not to worry,  better than a cat for mice and he seemed happy with that, about half hour later hear a boom so rush over, he`d found someone who blew it away with a 12 gauge. Bloody hole in the fibro walI and all, he said the only good snake is a dead snake. That basically sums up a lot of peoples view of snakes. Have to find him and chat him up about the money making opportunity over your way. :)

Recall many years back when I lived in town, bank managers house was opposite ours, new bank manager knocked on the door all excited had a snake in the shed, have I a gun. Said I`ll have a look and sure enough was a small carpet, told him not to worry,  better than a cat for mice and he seemed happy with that, about half hour later hear a boom so rush over, he`d found someone who blew it away with a 12 gauge. Bloody hole in the fibro walI and all, he said the only good snake is a dead snake. That basically sums up a lot of peoples view of snakes. Have to find him and chat him up about the money making opportunity over your way. :)

money,,MONEY now my ears are Tingling.

Yeah a lot of people kill them, But if you have one in the Shed other snakes good or bad won't move in which is fine by me.

• 5 years later...

Wow,

For a second there, i thought i missed some new kind of hybrid species appearance!!  While i was out of Florida this week!!! 🐍🐊🤣🤣

👍👍

Bado1, how much did your stay in the hospital and anti-venom cost? I have heard stories recently that it can cost total between $50,000-$60,000 . If true, then getting bit if not wearing them, would be a very expensive learning lesson.  I was retrieving a target and reached down with my hand to scoop some dirt out of the hole and stuck one of my fingers right into a prickley pear cactus spine that was sticking out in the pile of dirt. A little better than a quarter inch stuck straight into the tip of my  middle finger just below the fingernail, and broke off just under skin surface. Talk about excruciating pain. Had to use clippers to chew away skin til I could latch onto the tip which was a little bit below bleeding layer.

• 1 month later...

I was in the area of Sawtooth, I hadn't seen a Rattler in this area ever, I do own 2 sets of Snake Chaps but never wear them. One early morning I was detecting, stepped over a bush and heard a hiss, I turned around to see a 2-21/2 ft. Rattler looking to strike, just dumb luck I hadn't been bitten. I will wear Snake Chaps from now on. As mentioned previously, they really are not a hinder to wear. If bitten, it will be unimaginable pain and expense.  

• Like 4